Total Coincidence

Fateful Shadow 17:25 14 Mar 06

Go to click here and type in google in the search box. Then, scroll down a few results to the Canadian google and look at the URL

Why does it say THAT?!

Starfox 17:32 14 Mar 06

How strange,seems a very odd one does'nt it?

Fateful Shadow 17:33 14 Mar 06

America - Canada joke?

SG Atlantis® 18:22 14 Mar 06

Someone has maybe submitted that URL to yahoo?

Beats me why anyone would use Yahoo to find a Google site, best place would be.... erm..... Google to find a google site!

D@ve 23:30 14 Mar 06

It just says this for me

"Google Canada Open this result in new window
Google's localised Canadian site, providing search, maps, news, and other services.
Category: Canada > Searching The Web > Search Engines and Directories
click here - 3k - Cached - More pages from this site - Save - Block"

Fateful Shadow 23:31 14 Mar 06

The only reason why I typed in google into the yahoo search box was because I thought I was typing into the address bar...

That'll teach me to look where I'm typing!

SG Atlantis® 23:38 14 Mar 06

Google
Personalized Home | Sign in. Web Images Groups News Local more " Search: the web. pages from Canada. Google.ca offered in: Français. Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google - Go to Google.com click here - 3k - Cached - More pages from this site - Save - Block

It has "#terrorists" appended to it.

D@ve 00:10 15 Mar 06

It dosen't when I search for it for some reason though. This is what I see click here

wolfie3000 05:03 16 Mar 06

I get it lol look.

click here

D@ve 12:21 16 Mar 06

We both searched uk.yahoo. Look at the address bar

ade.h 16:01 16 Mar 06

On a related note, how come I can visit most regional Googles - Canada, etc. - but Google.com always recognises my UK-based IP address and redirects me to Google.co.uk? I maen, why bother having that on the .com if you're not going to have it on the others?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…