Top Gear

HondaMan 11:39 30 Dec 08

click here

Perhaps now they will stick to reality and not go off on flights of fancy and review items that the average man can afford!

Brock100 11:43 30 Dec 08

If all entertainment had to work on a budget of what the average man could afford it would be pretty boring

Quickbeam 11:46 30 Dec 08

I seem to recall on the very first episode of the current format, that Clarkson stated they would not be wasting money testing cars in exotic locations in Europe as they have their own test track.

The show, like most do eventually has reached and past it's watch-by date. It seems to be made purely to satisfy the pompous attention seeking Clarkson and his sycophantic side kick co-presenters... do something new with the money.

The Brigadier 12:24 30 Dec 08

A cut down version of top gear with little money spent on it would still be funny with Clarkson/May?hammond on it. For it is they that make the program good in the first place!

carver 12:35 30 Dec 08

The show, like most do eventually has reached and past it's watch-by date.

Err, NO, it's a pleasure to watch and and not have to put up with people who are scared to say what they think, last Sundays show was brilliant.

Not only did you get an insight into what South Korea is like but the scenery was breath taking.

HondaMan,

If the programme was only about what the average man can afford, what a boring programme that would be, most AVERAGE people don't want to be bored out of their skins watching mundane programmes they want excitement, a bit of escapism, even my daughter at 17 finds Top Gear fun to watch, as she says, she might not be able to own some of those cars but she can always try.

Quickbeam 12:39 30 Dec 08

I disagree The Brigadier, they've had to consistently get more and more extreme and ridiculous in their puerile buffoonery with every series to maintain the viewing figures.

A massive budget cut will expose the weakness of TV shows for 'boys'...

bremner 12:44 30 Dec 08

Carver is right.

Top Gear is an entertainment program that is based around, in the main cars and transport in general.

It is nothing to do with reviewing cars the 'average man' can afford. If that is what you want watch Fifth Gear.

Many do not like Top Gear and that is fine, I hate "Stritly big X Factor get me out of here brother", however millions like me love Top Gear and long may it continue.

ps - Carver they were in Vietnam not Korea

Stuartli 12:44 30 Dec 08

Apart from the odd slightly flat programme in a series Top Gear is, nine times out of 10, the best entertainment on TV each week.

Millions watch it and a very large number happily tune in to Dave and similar digital channels to watch repeats going back several years.

Sunday nights are not going to be the same for some time until the start of the next series.

If you didn't enjoy last Sunday's Vietnamese episode, then there's no pleasing some people...:-)

birdface 13:09 30 Dec 08

[nine times out of 10, the best entertainment on TV each week].But only if you like that sort of thing.Everyone has there own opinion.I don't like it but others do.I don't like Coronation Street, Eastenders, Casualty.Give me a good Nature program or Time team anything like that.But unfortunately you can't please us all.Great invention the Remote Control.

Quickbeam 13:14 30 Dec 08

Christmas show, showed that that has also reached and past it's watch-by date, all good things must come to pass.

Leave them as good memories like Fawlty Towers. Had they made 6 more series, they would have been crap, but they have to milk everything dry now.

HondaMan 13:18 30 Dec 08

"A cut down version of top gear with little money spent on it would still be funny with Clarkson/May?hammond on it. For it is they that make the program good in the first place!"

"Err, NO, it's a pleasure to watch and and not have to put up with people who are scared to say what they think, last Sundays show was brilliant."

"I disagree The Brigadier, they've had to consistently get more and more extreme and ridiculous in their puerile buffoonery with every series to maintain the viewing figures.

"A massive budget cut will expose the weakness of TV shows for 'boys'..."

You are, of course, all correct. Long live Top Gear

HM

Happy New Year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…