Top Christmass film...

Quickbeam 19:28 03 Dec 07

I've been dying to see this one click here out on Wednesday. It will fill the gap left after the Lord of the Rings trilogy, nothing like a jolly good adventure on celluloid.

Forum Editor 19:33 03 Dec 07

that's for sure, and the story is a cracker, as they say.

Another 'must see' - at least in my book - is Beowulf.

dukeboxhero 20:01 03 Dec 07

i see Beowulf is playing in glasgows i max cinema in 3D click here
think ill give it a go

Quickbeam 20:24 03 Dec 07

I've been to the Bradford Imax a few times and the difference is amazing. For a technology that's decades old, I'm surprised it's never really taken off. It makes viewing on a film in normal cinema format seem like a TV set!

anskyber 20:39 03 Dec 07

Yes two films listed here which I eagerly await and look forward to seeing.

Forum Editor 22:46 03 Dec 07

Not read the original? It's wonderful, and there's no time like the present. When you see the film you'll be able to say to your friends "Nothing like the original storyline"

click here

wolfie3000 06:57 04 Dec 07

Beowulf does look awesome, but its been compared to the film 300,

Although 300 was a brilliant film i feel that if it does have the same feel to it that it would ruin it for me.

There seems to be a spate of Fantasy films being released at the moment such as the golden compass, Beowulf, Enchanted and Stardust,

Lets hope there are some good old Sci-Fi films released soon.

I like fantasy films but there just to many at the moment.

Quickbeam 09:08 04 Dec 07

Yes, I think this is a lot to do with CGI. Prior to CGI it took a lot of expensive man-hours to make decent special effects, and a cast of the multitude which was expensive in the days of Cecil B DeMille... to do that today is out of the question.

Personally I love it. I like all fantasy books and putting The Lord of the Rings onto celluloid without CGI would have been disappointing. If the Golden Compass is of the same quality and appeal (I do not doubt) as LOTRs the other two books will follow quickly onto film.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced