Top 10 innovations: YOUR WEBSITE NEEDS YOU

PC Advisor. 12:07 13 Jul 05

Hi folks,

In the current poll we're asking readers to vote on their favourite Top 10 technological innovation of the past decade as part of an upcoming feature celebrating 10 years of PC Advisor.

We hope to include the results in our feature as a mark of respect for our readership.

If you've got any views on why one innovation should win at the expense of another, feel free to post here.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE QUOTED BY YOUR REAL NAME IN PRINT, PLEASE SAY SO.

Kind regards,

Guy Dixon, Editor, PC Advisor

De Marcus 12:18 13 Jul 05

The PC has to win hands down, without it would we have the rest of the items in the poll? I doubt it.

De Marcus 12:19 13 Jul 05

Oh and happy birthday PCA :-)(when the time comes of course)

Belatucadrus 12:29 13 Jul 05

If we're being PC related, the USB flash memory stick has to be high on the list. Compare the convenience of multi Megabyte/Gigabyte storage in a handy plastic gizmo with the previous option of a box full of floppys.

Pooke 12:37 13 Jul 05

I wouldn't call the PC or the internet an invention of the last ten years, they were invented way before that.

Of the others, Broadband would be the most important, it has made communication much faster, therefore saving time and money. Of the others it would then be the digital camera and dvd writer, these have enhance peoples lives imensely making it easier to share memories and experiences.

Pooke

Pooke 12:46 13 Jul 05

Never thought about that little gadget. I bought one thinking I'll never use, I was so wrong. There has to have been dozens of times when it has come in handy.

So flash memory gets another vote from me, it's in camera's, phones and mp3 players. Of course the technology is alot older than 10 years but anyway.

Pooke

Curio 17:45 13 Jul 05

USB1/USB2 have done wonders for the non technical PC Owners - including me. Almost anything is now connectable by USB - memory, HDD, Cameras. It is USB for me.

gudgulf 18:11 13 Jul 05

The amazing explosion of pc performance and capabilities over the last ten years puts it way above the rest in my opinion.

But what would I give to be the one who thought up and created the PlayStation!

powerless 20:28 13 Jul 05

Now that's an innovation my friends.

It wasn't the first portable music player but it was something that made and impact, hit the buying public with force and directed much needed attention to Apple.

But umm MP3 for me.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:35 13 Jul 05

what use would NASA Worldwind be without Broadband?

"But what would I give to be the one who thought up and created the PlayStation! "

Created by Nintendo believe it or not when they were in partnership with Sony.But what would I give to be the one who thought up and created the PlayStation!
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…