Toothache/Decay

JPJBozo 21:17 26 Mar 08

Does anyone remember or have knowledge about a program on TV in about 1980 where a Reverand who had a Doctor friend had trouble with athletes foot. So together they developed a pen which blew out ionised or de-ionised air, and this seemed to cure his athletes foot. This reverand guy then spoke to a Dentist about it and he decided to try it on tooth decay, for some reason he thought the bacteria were similar, and it did work by killing decay, it also promoted new tooth enamel growth. It was then taken away by the Dental Association for evaluation and has never been heard of since, theres a surprise. This wasnt on April fools day either, and I would love someone else to have seen or heard about this.

spuds 23:51 26 Mar 08

I don't know anything about 'the pen', but they do say that anacardic acids in raw cashew nuts will cure tooth decay.

Possibly a bit like chewing bittle nuts in the cinemas of South East Asia and beyond!.

€dstowe 06:23 27 Mar 08

You could, perhaps, enquire of the air ioniser manufacturers - there are quite a number of them, just Google: ioniser (or ionizer).

JPJBozo 19:53 27 Mar 08

Thanks Spuds & Edstowe, its just that I hate me & everyone else being held to ransom by a group, Dentists, who think that just because they think there isnt any alternative they can charge us what they want, ignore anything the Government tries to put in place and throw their toys out of the pram, and it would just be great if what I remember can be common knowledge & true so that nobody has to pay through the nose anymore.

Forum Editor 22:26 27 Mar 08

I don't know if you've ever eaten raw cashew nuts, but I have, and I think I would rather have toothache.

Forum Editor 22:27 27 Mar 08

I assure you that if something was around that could really 'cure' tooth decay and promote new enamel growth, we would all know about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced