Tony Blair to be Canonised

oresome 15:14 PM 19 Aug 12

In readiness for the event, a stained glass window depicting St Tony surrounded by doves and Iraqi children was offered up to the entrance door of TB's London home to try it for size.

The task seemed so plausible that armed police looked on and a maid brought a ladder to assist the workman who was later disclosed as a prankster working for the BBC.

The police will now be assigned other duties and the maid issued a hand gun.

bremner 15:37 PM 19 Aug 12

The Link

Sorry to the senditive but it is from The Mail

Aitchbee 16:47 PM 19 Aug 12

At first glance at the topic title...I immediately thought that Tony was going to replace Sergei Meerkat in that CompareMeerkat Cannonball TV earn some more dosh.

Perhaps the same thought was running through Tony's mind also...kerching!!!

Trust nobody is my motto.

carver 17:04 PM 19 Aug 12

Aitchbee I was thinking along the same lines as you, well Tony is the right calibre of person for the job and hopefully will go far.

carver 17:26 PM 19 Aug 12

This enter link description here should just about send him far enough, I'll even put a net up to catch him.

Belatucadrus 17:38 PM 19 Aug 12

I'll even put a net up to catch him.

Wouldn't that rather spoil the exercise ?

carver 19:42 PM 19 Aug 12

Belatucadrus didn't say where I would put the net, just didn't want people saying I was cruel.

flycatcher1 09:27 AM 20 Aug 12

This item was covered in the Sunday Times this weekend.

I have it on bad authority that no mention of it was made in the Guardian. Imagine that this was because the staff of that newspaper thought he been canonised years ago.

oresome 09:30 AM 20 Aug 12

Cherie asked to keep the window.......just in case.

johndrew 10:32 AM 20 Aug 12

On the subject of extra-terrestrial life forms .........

Aitchbee 21:46 PM 20 Aug 12

This 'wind-up' will only play into the Blairs' ability to twist things into their favour...BIG SMILEY TEETH will be the order of the day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know