Tiscali TV Package

oresome 12:29 24 Apr 08

Has anyone got this service?

I am bombarded with calls and literature from them and I'm curious as to how well it works. I've no desire to become a subsciber as Freeview provides more than enough channels for me, but I am somewhat sceptical as to the quality that can be squeezed down the telephone wire for viewing on a large screen. Even more so if you consider high definition is the way we're heading although I don't think Tiscali claim any HD content.

Covergirl 13:04 24 Apr 08

Check out the quality on the BBCi player for free. Lots of content, probably none you would want to watch, but it'll give you an idea of quality. Also the are downloadable for watching off-line for up to 30 days or so. I think they might be protected so you can't write them to disk for viewing later . . . ? Probably some enterprising person has got a workaround for this.

I've tried a couple and even maximising to full screen gave fairly good quality.

Then you can view clips on Ch4 OD but you have to pay for full programs

Also check out click here for Charlie Says/ Rose & Petunia/ Jimmy Saville PI films - if you're the right age they will evoke some memories !!!

oresome 13:15 24 Apr 08

Thanks Covergirl. I was basing my scepticism on the BBC site. The quality is OK for occasional viewing on a small screen in my opinion, but nothing more.

spuds 13:18 25 Apr 08

Perhaps a slight word of warning. I have used Tiscali since the days of Lineone takeover, and have been very satisfied as to service. Having had a large amount of package deals offered, I took the option in December 2007 for a new contract in transferring from BT to Tiscali. Since then,Things seem to have gone downhill, with at least three complete failures of the telephone system, which in each case took a number of hours to resolve.

Tiscali are seeking new owners, so I would also take this into consideration. Virgin, BT and CarPhone Warehouse appear to be runners for possible new ownership of Tiscali.

georgemac © 16:35 25 Apr 08

I too have been a happy tiscali customer, initially for bb then for phone and bb, I am waiting to see who buys them.

Not interested in TV which requires an internet connection.

O2 broadband gets rave reviews and is very cheap, but alas not available to me yet!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant