Time to Pack

morddwyd 20:35 29 Sep 09

The first geese of the winter have arrived.

I'm off to St Moritz (I wish!).

Quickbeam 20:42 29 Sep 09

Two out of four regular pairs of Canada Geese arrived in the local park last week to over winter in warm comfort. I've often wondered where exactly they spend their summer months breeding.

Kevscar1 11:13 30 Sep 09

Canade Geese Hmm probably Canada then

Quickbeam 12:16 30 Sep 09

I doubt that they go that far, as far as I'm aware they were introduced here, so their summer habitat is likely to be anywhere from the north of Scotland to Scandinavia. Out of curiosity I'd like to know just where our winter park geese go in the summer.

spuds 17:40 30 Sep 09

Reading in one of today's media reports, it would seem as though the swan population is on the decline in certain areas. Immigrants haven't been informed that the swan is a protected species :O((

peter99co 17:49 30 Sep 09

Wot? Swan curry with chips?

sunnystaines 17:54 30 Sep 09

down here in staines the eastern europeans even eat fish caught in the thames instead of releasing back afterwards, we too had a spell a few years ago of swans disappearing and loads of swan feathers everywhere too many for the foxes and stoats.

we have canada geese and egptian geese here all year they are a pest

peter99co 18:06 30 Sep 09

Canada Geese is not good to eat. Too Tough I am told.

jack 19:57 30 Sep 09

Yet an ancient cookery book in its ingredients pages- game section shows a line of game birds hanging including a Canada goose

A Readers Digest publication I seem to recall.

peter99co 21:42 30 Sep 09

The Chinese eat Rats and Dogs as well.

Grey Goo 21:59 30 Sep 09

I was in the car park of Sainsburys in Sevenoaks last Sunday when about 8 skeins of canada Geese flew over, about 25 to a skein. First thought was to put the umbrella up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac