Time limit FAO Forum Editor

Terry Brown 13:29 23 Apr 10

I have noticed a few time lately while writing or replying to this site, that when you go to post, I have been 'Timed Out'.

There is no warning, the page is still active until you post it, and then you find you have been logged out.

I appreciate there must be a time limit for those people who log in and forget to log out again, but can we have some kind of warning (E.G. a flash on screen that gives us 5 seconds to press a key to continue).

Thank you
Terry

Legolas 13:32 23 Apr 10

I don't think there is a time limit if you log in and do not log out. I never log out, I have been logged in for weeks at a time and have never had a time out message.

MAT ALAN 13:59 23 Apr 10

Not sure i get that either i have set permissions to stay logged in permanantly, i have never been "timed out"

Terry Brown 14:05 23 Apr 10

FE
Thanks for you fast reply.

i have now tick the revelent box.
Terry

morddwyd 20:21 23 Apr 10

FE's reply is obviously faster than the speed of light - we can't see it!

Forum Editor 22:40 23 Apr 10

someone called fourm member for me. His response is correct however, that's the way to remain logged in, even when you close your browser - we have no time-out clock running once you're logged in normally.

ronalddonald 00:31 24 Apr 10

Funny i use to get timed out in windos xp home but in linux i dont unless i log out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced