Time To Get A Bit Soppy

babybell 11:59 02 Aug 10

BBC News have released what they believe to be the 20 films that make men cry:

click here

So, what films have made you cry in the past? Don't be shy, we're all human.

I don't mind admitting that the execution of John Coffey in The Green Mile had me blubbing, I'd had a few wines though.

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;o)

Mark5001 13:05 02 Aug 10

Mask, The story of Rocky Dennis.The end scene from An Officer & A Gentlemen and the end of A Few Good Men. Not exactly a crying moment but more of a lump in the throat thing.

JYPX 13:30 02 Aug 10

A Very Long Engagement (Un long dimanche de fian├žailles)
Pan's Labyrinth
The Orphanage
My Sister's Keeper
Million Dollar Baby

JYPX 13:44 02 Aug 10

Also:
Most films with a score written by Thomas Newman.
(Green Mile, Shawshank, American Beauty, Meet Joe Black, Pay It Forward). I realise that the structure of the music is pure manipulation but that does not make it any less brilliant, or mean that I am immune to it's effects.

Seth Haniel 13:46 02 Aug 10

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (French: Les Parapluies de Cherbourg)

click here

Bingalau 14:07 02 Aug 10

Not films, but the news of yet another service-person's death in Afghanistan makes me weep. Puts alot of things in perspective too for me. There is always someone worse off than yourself.

Bapou 14:56 02 Aug 10

About the only time I can recall a tear or two was when Hooch died in the film Turner and Hooch.

So very sad.

Kevscar1 15:24 02 Aug 10

Until this happened to me the only film that got me crying was the end scene in Shane

gardener 16:04 02 Aug 10

The Ultimate Ninja. Cried with laughter, possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

dukeboxhero 16:06 02 Aug 10

Cant think of a film thats had that effect on me,
But the recent documentery about recovering the remains of those that fell at the battle of Fromelles very moving.

Forum Editor 18:06 02 Aug 10

children being rejected and/or treated cruelly by adults brings a lump to my throat - I can't bear seeing desperate kids deprived of parental love, even in a film.

When I first read Oliver Twist - at the age of fifteen or so - I was deeply affected by the child abuse portrayed, and that seems to have stayed with me, It's the one thing that starts me off in a film.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now