Ticket Sales Poor for Olympic Opening

morddwyd 09:03 AM 17 Apr 12

No, not that Coe led shindig in London.

The Olympics actually start in Glasgow on 25 July (London opening is on 27 July)) and more than 90% of the tickets are still unsold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17726920

spuds 10:53 AM 17 Apr 12

Not the same agenda, but I wonder if the 2012 Olympics will have the same atmosphere as that of the Festival of Britain, that was back in 1951?.

Quickbeam 11:13 AM 17 Apr 12

It sounds like they're genuinely surprised that remote tag along events aren't of much interest.

Woolwell 11:14 AM 17 Apr 12

I'm not surprised as they do not yet know which teams they would be watching.

Aitchbee 15:38 PM 18 Apr 12

On the East side of Hampden Park...Glasgow, (southside), the construction of a massive car cark and other amenities are well under way...I have never seen so many bulldozers and men in yellow hats!

Aitchbee 16:17 PM 18 Apr 12

I might be able to 'put up' an Eastern European football team in my spare bedroom...no charge.

Forum Editor 23:09 PM 18 Apr 12

"...more than 90% of the tickets are still unsold."

That's not particularly surprising, as Woolwell points out - the draw hasn't been made yet, so nobody knows which teams they'll be seeing.

Condom 23:16 PM 18 Apr 12

Somehow I just can't see Hampden Park filled to the gunnels to watch Bali's ladies play the San Marino ladies but stranger things have happened in football :-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites