Thunderstorms and heavy rain Cornwall and Devon

Woolwell 21:51 17 Jul 14
Answered

We have been experiencing prolonged thunderstorms with very heavy rain over Cornwall and Devon all evening. I hope that there isn't too much damage.

I don't know if this will work Met Office obs but rainfall map is very colourful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:00 17 Jul 14
Answer

Looks a bit rough down there. :0(

Woolwell 22:03 17 Jul 14

Came from France apparently.

Devil Fish 23:10 17 Jul 14

send them this way please love thunderstorms

Graham* 23:39 17 Jul 14
  Forum Editor 07:53 18 Jul 14

"send them this way please love thunderstorms"

It was quite a stormy night here on the North London/Herts border. Spectacular rain, and lots of lightning, but not so much thunder.

It's going to be very hot today, I think.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:48 18 Jul 14

My partner tells me we had a big storm in the night, here in West Somerset but, I slept through it.

sunnystaines 10:11 18 Jul 14

on south coast a massive amount of thunder and lightning went on for hours, no rain though.

bright and sunny now

spuds 13:04 18 Jul 14

Apparently this was forecast earlier in the week, and yesterday evening, early hours today we had plenty of thunder and heavy rain spells in our area. Still the occasional thunder roll in the distance, but the rain as kept off. Still very humid though, and temperatures reaching higher levels.

spuds 12:11 19 Jul 14

I hope that this warm weather doesn't increase the crime rate, with all the open windows and doors?.

Still very humid, but slightly cooler with overcast and odd rain outbreaks with occasional thunder roll in my area, so far today. Looks like it will remain the same all day, and possibly tomorrow with rest of week in question according to latest forecast?.

Seems to have put paid to those who were thinking of sun-bathing, having bought all that sun protection cream :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced