FROM THRUSDAY THERE WILL BE NO SKY ON NTL.

GEEKSTA 18:17 26 Feb 07

Just to let people know,
I spoke to a ntl lady on the phone about people saying there will be no shy channels : sky one , sky two etc
as of thrusday as so that is very true, so there really be no sky channels on NTL.
Because sky have increased there rent prices and ntl cannot pay this or something, im not to clear on this though.

Also did you know NTL is no longer called NTL, its called VirginMedia?
Weird or what. lol

VoG II 18:20 26 Feb 07
  GANDALF <|:-)> 18:20 26 Feb 07

This is no great loss.

G

I knew there were talks of this but didn't expect it to actually happen. This will certainly crush a lot of the hype of the Virgin Media re-branding.

To be honest I don't see it as a wise move for either party - ok it will put people off switching to cable but Sky One and all the other channels involved are going to see a massive drop in the viewing figures - not something that advertisers are going to be terribly pleased about.

Kate B 18:26 26 Feb 07

This has only been one of the biggest business stories of recent months ... and there's a spat going on between Virgin and Sky about carrying the channels because Sky in effect flattened Branson's attempt to buy ITV at the end of last year. Murdoch has now thrown his toys out of the pram about supplying the Sky channels to Virgin Media - this is not a surprise! Have a look at the coverage click here

The Brigadier 18:35 26 Feb 07

Branson & Murdoch are having a spat over this.
Would it be different if Branson had all the aces?

Jimmy14 18:48 26 Feb 07

Sky is being investigated by Ofcom for purchasing a 17.9% Stake in ITV at the request of the goverment.

Unfortunately, figures speak for themselves - click here

Sky One is the second most viewed non-terrestrial channel, second to (surprisingly) ITV2.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:53 26 Feb 07

Makes no difference here. Cable here, anytime soon, is as likely as the Sun rising at midnight on Wednesday.

IClaudio 19:16 26 Feb 07

This is all slightly more interesting than watching my grass grow... hang on, I've just spotted a daisy, now I'm hooked.

v1asco 19:54 26 Feb 07

I shall miss Sky One on virginmedia, however I will not take out a subscription to Sky. Channel 5 will be showing all I want later for no extra cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…