//some 3rd party need geo

Three New Internet Explorer Vulnerabilities

spikeychris 23:02 09 Jan 05

click here

"one can only suggest that users jump ship and try something else."

gudgulf 23:58 09 Jan 05

Already jumped! (Firefox)

Forum Editor 00:38 10 Jan 05

and believes that migrating to a different browser is going to mean no more security vulnerabilities is in for a big shock later.

Likewise - anyone who believes that Microsoft will stand by and watch their share of the browser market decline for ever is also in for a surprise.

I can hear the Redmond programmers' keyboards clicking as I write, and wait.............I can hear another, fainter clicking - it's coming from a trailer park in Virginia (or is it Russia?), and it sounds like trouble. Firefox is a great browser, but it's far from being perfect, and it certainly isn't invulnerable.

Let's not lose our sense of focus here.

spikeychris 10:39 10 Jan 05

From security holes to ear holes. In future, rather than typing here I'll just whisper it and you'll be able to pick it up.

Forum Editor 17:25 10 Jan 05

I heard that!

CurlyWhirly 20:14 10 Jan 05

As you already have pointed out, it is NOT just Internet Explorer that has security issues.
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:47 10 Jan 05

If this was a real problem the whole of the world would be in dire straits, email-wise. It is not, so the phrase "one can only suggest that users jump ship and try something else"
used in the article is a bit OTT and a great yawn. Sledgehammers+nuts.

G

spikeychris 20:58 10 Jan 05

=soprano

gudgulf 00:10 11 Jan 05

As it happens I use Firefox because it suits the way I browse the web........I trust that freedom of choice is an ok reason for using it,with or without Microsofts permission(anyway I have IE as well for web sites needing ActiveX like Windows update).Nothing is immune from attacks and free of security loopholes,that's why I have a battery of antmalware tools on my pc and know how to use them.
FE I assure you that I for one made the choice with my eyes open and do not fall into the category of misjudgement.

LastChip 00:32 11 Jan 05

But what I do know for sure, is since using Firefox, my anti-spy ware software has become (almost) redundant.

Yes, researchers are finding some problems with Firefox, but be that as it may, the amount so far discovered fall considerably behind the IE and I suspect, will get fixed rather quicker too.

Philshing is going to be THE major headache in the coming months, and it's frightening how destructive and costly this could be. Not only in personal terms if you happen to be a victim, (and I do now personally know one) but the potential damage it could do to e-commerce, if people began to loose faith in doing business through the Internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…