For those who have had the rogue

johndrew 15:22 22 Jan 15
Answered

telephone offers to 'fix' contaminated systems and used online support services which were bogus this could be payback time.

The PDF makes interesting reading for those with an urge toward the legal side.

Belatucadrus 16:37 22 Jan 15

About time, brings back deja vu flashes of Nellie2 and Castlecops.

caccy 16:56 22 Jan 15
Answer

Will follow this with interest. Like many others I have had these people pestering me.

Pine Man 19:05 22 Jan 15

For those that suffer such rogues read on.

My present home phone has just failed and I bought the BT8500 Advance Call Blocker Phone. Absolutely brilliant no nuisance calls whatsoever and no lost calls that you need to receive. Cannot praise it too highly.

lotvic 19:07 22 Jan 15

aww, Nellie2 and Castlecops,,, I remember that extremely useful site.

Pleased that something happening to sort/fix those behind the bogus support phone calls.

Belatucadrus 21:13 22 Jan 15

I told the last one that called that I was only using Linux and Android, Ah she says Android is not an operating system it's a phone At which point I told her that as it's the main operating system on most tablets she's clearly a complete ignoramus that isn't going to get anywhere near my computers. Ever persistent she starts her spiel again and that's when I told her to get knotted and put the phone down.

Al94 21:45 22 Jan 15

I was plagued by calls for a few successive early mornings after Xmas. A whistle from a cracker kept beside the phone got rid of them and gave me a perverse sense of satisfaction.

bumpkin 22:01 22 Jan 15

I don't think it will make much difference. I use a call blocker but still get them unless I bar all international and witheld numbers which I don't wish to do, just hang up
is the easiest solution.

BillSers 03:52 23 Jan 15

I used to use an ear-piercing alarm in an attempt to wards off these pests until I found out there's a limiter on a landline's audio level. Shame. Bring back the good old days.

Pine Man 08:00 23 Jan 15

I use a call blocker but still get them

Impossible with the BT8500!

spider9 09:04 23 Jan 15

I'm always amazed at people who deliberately try to cause injury to others by their idiotic ruses. The ear is a delicate instrument - why attack it?

The person doing the calling is probably someone who is trying to eke out a living (possibly due to dire circumstances?) or just not wanting to be a 'dole scrounger' (the same people would doubtless be calling them for everything if they hadn't got a job!!!).

You don't cure this 'problem' by hurting the poor guys at the sharp end, and to derive satisfaction from wilful bodily harm is pathetic.

As bumpkin says "Just put the phone down" - how hard is that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…