Those filters on our Telephones yesd or no- discuss

SparkyJack 10:48 AM 30 Nov 11

This is discussion point here rather than a Help room poser.

Earlier this year I moved to BT Infinity- The installer duly came and fixed up a new master socket,the router and Home Hub and then went round my 3 telephones and removed the filters-' You don't need these now ' he said its all dealt with in the new set up . Indeed all worked well no hang ups or drop outs

Returning home from a weeks absence - discovered the phone was dead - broad band ok - no phone- reported the same via mobile and the engineer tuned up next day muttering the statuary warning'If its your Kit you Pay' but after testing said no the fault is external - 37 metres away up the pole on the other side of the road. Meanwhile yesterday the broadband failed also.

The man with the cherry picker turned up yesterday - fixed the problem up the pole in ten minutes and then came indoors to check the connections. As he was doing so he asked where are the filters - you have to have them. So conflicting advice? Does the the Infinity man know something the linesman does not?

What do you all think?

Woolwell 11:21 AM 30 Nov 11

BT says that you do not need them BT Filters on Infinity (see the bottom of the article).

Woolwell 11:24 AM 30 Nov 11
  Al94 13:43 PM 30 Nov 11

I've had Infinity for over a year now, no filters.

johndrew 14:45 PM 30 Nov 11

Could easily be a lack of technical communication within BT - it wouldn't be the first time.

spuds 16:48 PM 30 Nov 11

This seems to be one of those ongoing problems. I use TalkTalk, and when I have contacted their support team, its always a parrot fashion straight from the screen "Have you checked the filters". When I explain that my 'approved' system doesn't have external filters, confusion sets in, which then confirms the technical advisor isn't equipped to be technical!.

SparkyJack 20:15 PM 30 Nov 11

Thank you all I guess in this highly technical world- Folk will only need to know what is necessary to get the job done- unless they are naturally curious that is - like us here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week