The Third Man...

Quickbeam 17:55 PM 11 Oct 13

is just one of those films that no matter how many times I've seen it, I end up watching it again when I flick through the TV channels. Does any other film do that for you?

For me it's the combination of the Anton Karas soundtrack and the striking use of black & white cinema technique that do it with The Third Man.

fourm member 19:12 PM 11 Oct 13

At university, we had to take a General Studies course so we didn't turn into complete nerds and I chose 'Film Studies'.

Orson Welles was one of the people we studied so we watched 'The Third Man' as part of that.

Like you, I'm liable to stay with it if I come across it.

john bunyan 19:17 PM 11 Oct 13

I also enjoy the "Third Man". Another film I do watch , particularly in view of current middle east conflicts is "Lawrence of Arabia". The political fallout from that conflict are with us today.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 PM 11 Oct 13

Lots

Kelly's heroes

Predator

The Burbs

Blade Runner

Alien

Total Recall (Arnie version or is it Sharon Stone?) (still trying to get an accurate body count)

and they are just the ones that have been on recently - I flick through the channels - get glued to the finish, another late night :0)

Aitchbee 20:12 PM 11 Oct 13

Excalibur is my favourite film - I always get a 'buzz' when [the young] Arthur 'nonchalantly' pulls-out-the-sword-from-the-stone, and then puts-it-back-again, 'cos his 'Dad' orders him to do so.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:17 PM 11 Oct 13

When I watch a film I usually either fall asleep and miss most of it or, get bored and come back to the PC.

Aitchbee 20:50 PM 11 Oct 13

Many films, which we have watched on the telly [or even on the big-screen] as children, can be appreciated on a different level, when seen again as adults ... decades later.

[I watched (and listened to) the whole of ' The Magnificent Seven ' last saturday, on TV, for the first time in 40 years ... there's some great one-liners in it!]

Magnifico!

rdave13 21:04 PM 11 Oct 13

For me it's Get Carter and I still think the ending is unfair.

Quickbeam 01:31 AM 12 Oct 13

Yeah, Get Carter is surreal, my other drop eveything film is Ice Cold in Alex... I just can't flick past that one.

kad292 02:24 AM 12 Oct 13

Hobson s choice

7 Days in May

Fail Safe

12 Angry Men

Sanjuro [Mifune]

Hari Kiri [with Nakadai]

Point Blank

Flight Of The Phoenix [Stewart,Attenborough]

M [Lorre]

I can watch these and a few more endlessly

Rob Gibson 08:36 AM 12 Oct 13

To choose just one it has to be:

"A Matter of Life and Death"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

Apple rumours & predictions 2015: What to expect from Apple for the rest of the year – new iPhones,o…