Think the idea will take off?

TopCat® 17:25 PM 03 Apr 12

Now here's what I call a good paint job that I hope will be left on long after the celebrations. Looks good, eh? What do you think? TC. the respray job

Oh and while on the page, check out the latest flying car/helicopter machine designed by the Dutchman. Only hope it has better stability than Dell Boy's Reliant Robin though. :)

Forum Editor 19:45 PM 03 Apr 12

Thank goodness we haven't entirely lost the ability to celebrate something just for the sake of it.

A little more of this, and a little less of this and we might start feeling a lot better about ourselves as a nation.

Bingalau 19:49 PM 03 Apr 12

Maybe just my taste, but I don't like it.

Bingalau 19:50 PM 03 Apr 12

Whatever happened to pin-ups?

ams4127 22:18 PM 03 Apr 12

"Maybe just my taste, but I don't like it."

No, nor me.

flycatcher1 22:32 PM 03 Apr 12

Ruined a perfectly good aircraft - BA in fact. They have done it before.

Forum Editor 23:20 PM 03 Apr 12

"Whatever happened to pin-ups?"

Richard Branson might tell you they are alive and well. He's well aware that sex sells, as anyone who watches his TV ads will know only too well. Not just in TV ads either - here's Richard enjoying a billionaire's perks

Probably not an appropriate idea to put a pin-up on an aircraft to commemorate the Olympic games, though.

Earthsea 23:35 PM 03 Apr 12

Oh, I don't know. Jessica Ennis is pretty fit.

lotvic 01:09 AM 04 Apr 12

Can hardly believe Virgin let Kate Moss wear those shoes on the wing of a plane.

interzone55 07:39 AM 04 Apr 12

Can hardly believe Virgin let Kate Moss wear those shoes on the wing of a plane.

What's the problem, she probably doesn't weigh much more than the clothes she's wearing...

Bingalau 10:24 AM 04 Apr 12

I was thinking more of the pin-ups who were probably painted by hand. I suppose ground crew who were maintaining the planes during the war managed to find the time and an artist amongst themselves. But the painted planes I remember most were the ones with the nose painted to resemble a sharks head or an eagles head etc. I imagine they were probably the squadron's insignia? I needn't look it up on google, because all the ex-air force types will tell me soon enough. Then of course I remember well the stripes that were introduced for the invasion on D-day. I know that was a necessity because of identification reasons. Memories!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11