Things I know won't work but I still do them:

Diodorus Siculus 21:46 19 Dec 06

1:

Drink red wine and eat chocolate at the same time - the tastes of each can be superb alone but when combined they just don't do it for me.

2:

Buy secondhand CDs of bands I never heard of in the hope that one day I will find some undiscovered gem. Seems there is always a reason it is undiscovered.

3:

Promise to spend less time on the web and more time researching my PhD by reading books. Maybe in the new year...

Brumas 21:52 19 Dec 06

Not checking the lottery until the following week ,believing beyond belief, I might have won something :o)

octal 21:56 19 Dec 06

Blimey! Red wine and chocolate would just about do my 'ed in, what a terrible combination if you're migraine sufferer! :-D

VoG II 21:59 19 Dec 06

3. I have been the industrial supervisor for several PhD projects and this is an important element.

Be warned - you could discover a new element but without background - zilch.

Bingalau 22:00 19 Dec 06

I thought "Rum and Ginger Beer" wouldn't work until I tried it. Boy what a belly warmer that is! Magnificent stuff. (Ginger beer, preferably Jamaican Ginger Beer, not ginger ale). That's got my juices flowing, I think I will go and have one now. ..bingalau..

€dstowe 22:12 19 Dec 06

Red wine and chocolate - the combination only needs the addition of Marmite to have me in bed with migraine for a week.

Forum Editor 22:57 19 Dec 06

is toast with peanut butter and marmite.

Diodorus Siculus 23:07 19 Dec 06

Just remembered #4

read books of quotations... it's akin to buying a compilation CD - promises satifaction but leaves that empty feeling.

WhiteTruckMan 23:11 19 Dec 06

as long as you stay down wind of me! <g>

But I am with Brumas, I always leave it a week to check my numbers. Its a similar thing to schroedingers cat, except its the ticket in a state of flux.

Delusionally

WTM

rodriguez 23:19 19 Dec 06

I like Cheerios mixed with Coco Pops. Seems to work quite well. :-D

Woolwell 23:41 19 Dec 06

Rum and Ginger Beer is called "Dark and Stormy" click here
Best in Bermuda!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…