Things I know won't work but I still do them:

Diodorus Siculus 21:46 19 Dec 06

1:

Drink red wine and eat chocolate at the same time - the tastes of each can be superb alone but when combined they just don't do it for me.

2:

Buy secondhand CDs of bands I never heard of in the hope that one day I will find some undiscovered gem. Seems there is always a reason it is undiscovered.

3:

Promise to spend less time on the web and more time researching my PhD by reading books. Maybe in the new year...

Brumas 21:52 19 Dec 06

Not checking the lottery until the following week ,believing beyond belief, I might have won something :o)

octal 21:56 19 Dec 06

Blimey! Red wine and chocolate would just about do my 'ed in, what a terrible combination if you're migraine sufferer! :-D

VoG II 21:59 19 Dec 06

3. I have been the industrial supervisor for several PhD projects and this is an important element.

Be warned - you could discover a new element but without background - zilch.

Bingalau 22:00 19 Dec 06

I thought "Rum and Ginger Beer" wouldn't work until I tried it. Boy what a belly warmer that is! Magnificent stuff. (Ginger beer, preferably Jamaican Ginger Beer, not ginger ale). That's got my juices flowing, I think I will go and have one now. ..bingalau..

€dstowe 22:12 19 Dec 06

Red wine and chocolate - the combination only needs the addition of Marmite to have me in bed with migraine for a week.

Forum Editor 22:57 19 Dec 06

is toast with peanut butter and marmite.

Diodorus Siculus 23:07 19 Dec 06

Just remembered #4

read books of quotations... it's akin to buying a compilation CD - promises satifaction but leaves that empty feeling.

WhiteTruckMan 23:11 19 Dec 06

as long as you stay down wind of me! <g>

But I am with Brumas, I always leave it a week to check my numbers. Its a similar thing to schroedingers cat, except its the ticket in a state of flux.

Delusionally

WTM

rodriguez 23:19 19 Dec 06

I like Cheerios mixed with Coco Pops. Seems to work quite well. :-D

Woolwell 23:41 19 Dec 06

Rum and Ginger Beer is called "Dark and Stormy" click here
Best in Bermuda!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…