Thermal Paste!

denali 19:13 30 May 06

I checked on-line and found it for £2.99. What with delivery time and postage I decided to go to my local Maplins. The price did not concern me too much. It was only a small tube and it dawned on me, the advise given by all and sundry, is a thinly spread layer on the CPU. A quick mental analyses told me I had enough for at least 20 CPU's. Why can't I buy just enough?
I live on my own now and my daughter visits me from Uni. every three or four weeks. I can't buy a small loaf of sliced bread. I can't eat sugar, but have to buy a 1kilo bag for my daughters use. By the time she uses it all it has turned into a lump of concrete. She phoned this morning for me to get cereal. The one she wanted came with an extra 50% and by my reckoning would last her 36 weeks and would'nt fit in my food cupboard! I have no Corner Shops! anywhere near me. Sorry I am rambling now. I'll get my coat!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:18 30 May 06

Was always advised "better to have too much than too little" (not in the case of thermal paste)

But I agree, what a wastefull world we live in.

semag 19:20 30 May 06

Perhaps you should invest in some air tight tuperware.

wiz-king 05:33 31 May 06

money is made from what you leave on the plate.

You by a jar of mustard and spoon some out into a condiment dish or onto the plate but only use a bit of it on your food and throw the rest of it away, thus making large profits for the supplier.
I too have noticed that in supermarkets most things are 'large family economy packs', Tiptrees do a nice pack of small jars of jams and marmalades nice for the occasional jam user but what has happened to the jars of fish paste I had as a kid?
Now you've got me started!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced