There's more to a snowflake than you think

TOPCAT® 13:26 03 May 07

IBM have come up with a "process that copies nature's creation of seashells and snowflakes."

"The process, called airgap, enables trillions of microscopic vacuum holes to be placed between the copper wire in semiconductors to act as an insulator." click here

Old Mother Nature still holds many wonders yet to be discovered, provided that humanity stays around to enjoy them! TC.

Watchful 18:02 03 May 07

are a true wonder to me especially as I heard that no two are exactly alike.

Forum Editor 23:48 03 May 07

there's a whole team of scientists researching the way that snowflakes are formed. There's no practical application in view, they're simply doing it for the thrill of trying to discover just how each flake is different from all the others there have ever been, or ever will be.

p;3 00:26 04 May 07

another joy of the wonder of the creativeness of God

Jak_1 00:29 04 May 07

'another joy of the wonder of the creativeness of God'

And I always thought snowflakes were formed by weather conditions!

p;3 00:34 04 May 07

maybe you forget the creativity of God? who is also 'in charge ' of the weather..

it is God's world and not ours; we are only guests here, ....

Jak_1 12:33 04 May 07

I can't forget something I don't believe in! I don't have a religious bone in my body but respect those that do.

eikonuj 13:56 04 May 07

God either wants to eliminate bad things and cannot, or can but does not want to, or neither wishes to nor can, or both wants to and can.
If he wants to and cannot, he is weak -- and this does not apply to God.
If he can but does not want to, then he is spiteful -- which is equally foreign to God's nature.
If he neither wants to nor can, he is both weak and spiteful and so not a God.
If he wants to and can, which is the only thing fitting for a God, where then do bad things come from? Or why does he not eliminate them?

Watchful 16:02 04 May 07

Bad things come from human nature IMHO but what has that got to do with a snowflake?

Forum Editor 11:13 05 May 07

by atmospheric conditions, and that's that. Let's not turn this into an opportunity for religious outpourings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5