There is a slow feel to the website tonight.

Aitchbee 21:31 PM 24 Jul 11
Answered

I have been using a dial-up conection so I am used to it What about the speed merchants?

ams4127 21:41 PM 24 Jul 11

It's awful. I give up.

simonjary 11:05 AM 25 Jul 11

Apparently one of our new boxes was misbehaving yesterday, which may have caused some site slowdown.

This should be fixed now.

Thanks, Simon

Colin 12:18 PM 25 Jul 11

I noticed it was slow yesterday but today it's as fast as ever.

Aitchbee 12:29 PM 25 Jul 11

I agree Colin - it's firing on all cylinders now.Dial-up is moving along nicely.

Quickbeam 12:48 PM 25 Jul 11

They still do dial-up?

Aitchbee 13:25 PM 25 Jul 11

Yes Quickbeam -I was "Glad All Over" because my Mobile Broadband Alcatel Dingle was in "Bits 'n' Pieces". It's just "Like a Virgin". I can't think of a broadband song-title.

gengiscant 13:26 PM 25 Jul 11

'I noticed it was slow yesterday but today it's as fast as ever' compared to other forums I use this is without doubt the slowest to load.

Aitchbee 13:34 PM 25 Jul 11

Interestingly I am 'logged in' on my dial-up and dongle connection. Am I an anomaly?

Aitchbee 13:38 PM 25 Jul 11

I am 'Side by side' by Sondheim on two different computers.

Forum Editor 18:53 PM 25 Jul 11
Answer

From time to time all heavy-traffic, database-driven web forums run a little slowly for a while. It's the nature of the beast, and anyone who says otherwise isn't understanding the way web servers work.

Obviously we would all like this site to zip along like a zippy thing all the time, and it does exactly that for most of the time - it's doing so now.

Our apologies, as always, for any inconvenience yesterday, but that, I'm afraid, is life.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites