There is a slow feel to the website tonight.

Aitchbee 21:31 24 Jul 11
Answered

I have been using a dial-up conection so I am used to it What about the speed merchants?

ams4127 21:41 24 Jul 11

It's awful. I give up.

simonjary 11:05 25 Jul 11

Apparently one of our new boxes was misbehaving yesterday, which may have caused some site slowdown.

This should be fixed now.

Thanks, Simon

Colin 12:18 25 Jul 11

I noticed it was slow yesterday but today it's as fast as ever.

Aitchbee 12:29 25 Jul 11

I agree Colin - it's firing on all cylinders now.Dial-up is moving along nicely.

Quickbeam 12:48 25 Jul 11

They still do dial-up?

Aitchbee 13:25 25 Jul 11

Yes Quickbeam -I was "Glad All Over" because my Mobile Broadband Alcatel Dingle was in "Bits 'n' Pieces". It's just "Like a Virgin". I can't think of a broadband song-title.

gengiscant 13:26 25 Jul 11

'I noticed it was slow yesterday but today it's as fast as ever' compared to other forums I use this is without doubt the slowest to load.

Aitchbee 13:34 25 Jul 11

Interestingly I am 'logged in' on my dial-up and dongle connection. Am I an anomaly?

Aitchbee 13:38 25 Jul 11

I am 'Side by side' by Sondheim on two different computers.

Forum Editor 18:53 25 Jul 11
Answer

From time to time all heavy-traffic, database-driven web forums run a little slowly for a while. It's the nature of the beast, and anyone who says otherwise isn't understanding the way web servers work.

Obviously we would all like this site to zip along like a zippy thing all the time, and it does exactly that for most of the time - it's doing so now.

Our apologies, as always, for any inconvenience yesterday, but that, I'm afraid, is life.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Illustrator Rachel Lillie discusses how she draws, and the beauty of quietness

macOS Sierra vs Windows 10 comparison: Apple and Microsoft's latest OS releases go head to head |…