Is there any way to avoid Christmas?

wolfie3000 05:27 02 Dec 07

Yes im fed up with this holiday already, im not Christian so don't practice there festivals,

Even the message of Christmas is lost on many,
All it is, is a pagan/Christian festival that has been twisted so much by commercial interests that it bears no resemblance to what it was meant for.

Santa claus (Saint nicholas) was in fact the patron saint of prostitutes who gave out food to the poor prostitutes, hence the stockings.

The modern image of santa claus was dreamt up by the makers of coca cola to promote there drinks.

Tinsel came from the pagan religion where they hung pig guts on trees to ward off evil.

lets hope Christmas comes and goes quickly.

beeuuem 07:06 02 Dec 07

"Santa claus (Saint nicholas) was in fact the patron saint of prostitutes who gave out food to the poor prostitutes, hence the stockings."

From click here
A citizen of Patara had lost all his money, and had moreover to support three daughters who could not find husbands because of their poverty; so the wretched man was going to give them over to prostitution. This came to the ears of Nicholas, who thereupon took a bag of gold and, under cover of darkness threw it in at the open window of the man's house. Here was a dowry for the eldest girl and she was soon duly married. At intervals Nicholas did the same for the second and third; at the last time the father was on the watch, recognized his benefactor and overwhelmed him with his gratitude.

Seth Haniel 07:20 02 Dec 07

only another 29 days of your moans then ;)
Then you could move to Spain in time for them celebrating it in January :(

wolfie3000 07:36 02 Dec 07

I just don't see the point of celebrating a festival i don't believe in, what next everyone in Britain celebrating Ramadan?

I cant see im the only one who feels this way on here.

Expect no cards or well wishes during this time from me, especially presents.

Seth Haniel 08:10 02 Dec 07

stick to updating your pc, downloading video clips and pc games - the month will soon pass - and you won't be bringing down those who do enjoy Christmas.

laurie53 08:50 02 Dec 07

I have a Christmas phobia which makes me suicidal.

I try not to let it affect those around me who really enjoy the season.

You should do the same.

dagbladet 09:12 02 Dec 07

"Is there any way to avoid Christmas?"

You could start by not opening threads on the subject.

"I just don't see the point of celebrating a festival i don't believe in"

I understand that it is not compulsory.

"Expect no cards or well wishes during this time from me, especially presents."

Oh, OK then - mental note, no cards or presents from wolfie.

Quickbeam 10:11 02 Dec 07

Only if you lock yourself under the stairs :)

Seth Haniel 10:12 02 Dec 07

errr!! that's where I hide the chritmas presents

Forum Editor 10:16 02 Dec 07

by simply not posting about it. Take no part in Christmas threads and you will effectively avoid the festival altogether - at least you will while you're here.

g0nvs 12:17 02 Dec 07

Bah Humbug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…