Is there any rat in it...

Seth Haniel 21:52 06 Dec 09

Gets more like a Monty Python sketch every day. (latest celebrity jungle farce)

zzzz999 06:40 07 Dec 09

I suspect it was a shop bought rat

Seth Haniel 10:00 07 Dec 09

like the grubs and insects..

think killing it was a no no ;)

spuds 20:01 07 Dec 09

When times are extremely hard, and you are not sure where your next meal is coming from, you will eat anything. Remember these celebs were starving ;o(

PalaeoBill 21:23 07 Dec 09

This whole this is just utterly ridiculous.

click here!

We were told it happened. I watched the programme, I didn't see the rat being killed or any human being cruel to it and to my knowledge the event wasn't broadcast. Compare its treatment to the trauma that cattle undergo which often involves being driven hundreds of miles to an abattoir. There is no comparison. A very hungry professional chef dispatched the rat; i'm sure he did it very quickly and cleanly.

john bunyan 09:41 08 Dec 09

Will they prosecute Australian Army survival instructors for similar "offences"?
What about cruelty to cockroaches ?

Seth Haniel 10:00 08 Dec 09

Freddie Star on :)

Pine Man 10:41 08 Dec 09

.. the sentiments so far BUT the problem appears to be that it is illegal to kill animals for entertainment purposes in Australia. So if this was merely an entertainment stunt - no matter how humanely the rat was killed - it could still be illegal.

JanetO 11:18 08 Dec 09

What I find slightly distasteful is the Oz's are more concerned about a rat's welfare than the native Aboriginals.

PalaeoBill 17:10 08 Dec 09

If it had been a bush tucker trial, then yes I would agree it would have been for 'entertainment purposes'. It wasn't, they were hungry and they killed, cooked and ate it. As John Bunyan says, if it was a film about survival (or even scouting) it would have been fine.

Seth Haniel 10:11 09 Dec 09

Fair Dinkum...Possums

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…