Thanks To Everyone

Condom 11:35 07 Jan 09

Thanks To Everyone

I'm now just about to leave our frozen shores for warmer climes in the far east for a few more months. While I have been back in the UK I have managed to build a new PC for the wife and me and develop the remains of my old one for my son.

All problems I encountered were swiftly answered within these pages from members of this great Forum and I also exchanged a few banters with some members.

I hope my PC in Thailand will start up OK after lying in my apartment unused for 6 months but if not I will soon be back on tapping into this wonderful resource.

For anyone who lives abroad in a non English speaking country for a long time they will know that one of the main things you miss is being able to have "meaningful" conversations in English. This forum will allow me to do this.

Keep up the good work and I do hope everyone has a much better year than everyone expects.

dagnammit 11:37 07 Jan 09

have a safe & pleasant journey!

spuds 13:22 07 Jan 09

At least you might be able to purchase (cheaply)and install the latest Microsoft operating system before anyone here on the forum might or can. And by doing so, keep us all up to speed as to any problems or possible patch requirement ;o)

Wishing you all the best.

bluto1 19:15 07 Jan 09

Cheers Condom, have a safe journey and a pleasant time when you get there.

natdoor 20:45 07 Jan 09

I hope the warm climate is good for your back and that you are tempted to play the odd round.

Best wishes.

recap 21:10 07 Jan 09

Safe journey there and back Condom.

Condom 01:20 09 Jan 09

Hi again natdoor
I will really try to drag myself out on a round or two but the heat makes it so tough. Seriously though, 9 holes is plenty at my age and in 36 degrees. The heat here doesn't seem to burn you so much as say in Spain but it slows you down.

Having suffered from a bad chest for many weeks now I hope the warmer climes finally sort out what the quacks antibiotics and steroids couldn't.

Pirate software is of course the norm out here but I tend to shy away from most of it. Films are different as they are cheap and normally 100%. In fact it is easier to get pirate copies of English films than proper copies as proper shops mainly sell Thai language versions of the films or their own substantial output of Thai films which are mainly comedy based.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5