Thank You

morddwyd 20:27 19 Nov 10

I've just had my winter fuel bonus, and many, if not most, of you will have contributed.

I know that those getting benefits get some stick in this forum, but this particular payment, at least, is much appreciated, much needed, and will be used for the purpose intended.

rdave13 20:40 19 Nov 10

I'm 56 and by the time I'm sixty I fear that my contributions to your good self won't be available to my own good self.
Enjoy.

Quickbeam 20:49 19 Nov 10

You could roast chestnuts on the on a brazier funded with the heating allowance.

rdave13 20:52 19 Nov 10

I think you have to apply for it. Not sure as I haven't researched enough yet.
I know you don't mean to be pompous but your posting does grate a bit. Jealousy ,really ,as I should have done better at school.

morddwyd 20:53 19 Nov 10

"use it to buy a little treat "

My little treat will be to stay up past 8.00 with the gas fire on, instead of going to bed to keep warm.

As I said, it will be used for the purpose intended.

rdave13 22:03 19 Nov 10

You did not cause any upset but thanks for your apology, I'll keep it for the next time, when required.....

Woolwell 22:06 19 Nov 10

We never applied for it. It just arrives. I agree with fourm member about it being ridiculous for some to get it. You can be in full time well paid work and get it.

rdave13 22:33 19 Nov 10

Possibly, like child bennefit, the winter fuel grant should be means tested? Either you will need it or you could otherwise Bank it for future use.
At least you were honest enough to state that the fuel grant was not needed for yourself.

Grey Goo 22:52 19 Nov 10

And I get the other half. Guess who has to pay the bills.

rdave13 22:58 19 Nov 10

Er indoors.

birdface 23:08 19 Nov 10

Personally if you are between the ages of 60-65 and still in full time employment I don't think that it should be available to you.
If in poor health or unemployed by all means it should be available.
I am speaking from my own situation as I was still working and actually felt guilty about receiving the winter fuel payment when I reached 60yrs.
I did not need it as I could afford to pay my own heating bills.
Now I am getting on a bit We look forward to this heating allowance but I still think you should be 65 or over to get it.
I will add people on low incomes should also be eligible to receive it.
Not sure what your thoughts are but those are mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…