Tesco & Sainsbury's halt online orders in Scotland

peter99co 12:56 13 Dec 10

click here

because of the weather.

jakimo 13:15 13 Dec 10

I ordered goods on the 24\11\2010 (first class rate) via Royal Mail from Doncaster received order 10\12\2010,they are still cleary the backlog

interzone55 14:19 13 Dec 10

I would imagine most of Tesco & Sainsbury orders would be perishable goods, so allowing customers to place orders for stuff that will simply sit in stationary vans is a tad wasteful.

May as well stop accepting orders for now and let customers do their shopping locally as based on the current weather forecast for the end of the week they'll not be going to work...

BT 16:54 13 Dec 10

Its Tesco Direct i.e. the non grocery side of the Buiness.

Re the grocery orders, the delivery slots for Xmas week were all gone at the beginning of LAST week in this area. I managed to get one for the Monday but only by booking over 2 weeks in advance.

BT 16:58 13 Dec 10

That should read 'Business' of course.

Other delays are showing up especially with Royal Mail.
I am still waiting for an Item from Amazon supposedly dispatched last Monday. I contacted them today and they have told me to give it till Friday this week.

peter99co 17:26 13 Dec 10

Tesco Direct has stopped taking orders. Grocery deliveries still available
Sainsbury's has suspended deliveries
Asda Direct not delivering large items and has stopped orders for in-store collection before Christmas
Parcel Force has suspended deliveries
Firebox cannot guarantee next-day delivery
Boots has suspended next-day deliveries
M&S not accepting home delivery orders
Home Delivery Network deliveries "limited" or later than normal
River Island unable to take new orders. Current orders taking seven-14 days to arrive
Virgin and Laithwaites wine companies cannot guarantee deliveries before Christmas
Courier Yodel battling to clear 14-day backlog

spuds 18:58 13 Dec 10

Apparently (todays media report) some of the major stores doing home deliveries throughout the UK are having to rethink their methods, due mainly to people having an increase in getting wrong items,long delays etc, which is forcing some customers in returning to the old method of select and collect from the stores themselves.

BT 08:38 14 Dec 10

My local Tesco is very good and has been a great help to us in recent weeks when we have been physically unable to do our own shopping.

They always turn up when expected and the drivers are very helpful. Never had a wrong item and when there is a substitution its always appropriate.

There are some problems elsewhere though. A Disabled friend in Coventry gave up using Asda's home shopping as they were very unreliable with totally, seemingly random, substitutions, ie Peanuts instead of Chocolate, and lots of missing items. She swapped to Tesco and is very satisfied with their service.

Its obviously mostly down to the pickers, and we have been very pleased with what we get. Things like meat and Vegetables always seem to be selected well. Perhaps we are lucky and our pickers select what they would like to receive if it was their own shopping they are doing.

peter99co 14:16 14 Dec 10

My first online order with Tesco was exactly right. I saved enough on the BOGOFs and reductions it paid for the delivery. I have also saved having to use the car and driving on the snow covered/salted roads.

My next delivery is booked already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017