Tesco Alert

realist 20:22 14 Jul 07

Is yours shut?
click here

Jimmy14 20:29 14 Jul 07

Tesco's biggest store in the UK opened in my town 3 weeks ago but funny enough it's not shut.

rdave13 20:31 14 Jul 07

Funny you should say that as our local Tesco had protesters on the main entrance today. Bit awkward to get in or out but we managed. Maybe a campaign against Tesco?

Stuartli 20:32 14 Jul 07

Was in our local Tesco Extra at lunchtime but no "incidents".

laurie53 20:37 14 Jul 07

Don't know, but I've got better things to do on a Saturday than nip into town to find out!

jakimo 20:42 14 Jul 07

latest imfo.

click here

spuds 20:54 14 Jul 07

Our local Tesco was open as usual, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.Even the security people didn't seemed bothered, but they never do anyway.

Si_L 23:02 14 Jul 07

Don't shut the stores - Tesco is cheaper!

click here

rdave13 23:06 14 Jul 07

That made me laugh...good one.

Main Access 00:09 15 Jul 07

What amazes me is that customers were told to go through the tills and pay for their shopping.

If this was a bomb threat why weren’t people told to leave there shopping where it was and leave immediately, or does Tesco think that profit is worth more than people’s lives?

Forum Editor 00:38 15 Jul 07

That's an outrageous suggestion, especially as you have no evidence on which to base it.

These stores were busy when the threats were made, and the object of the exercise would have been to clear them with as little panic as possible. Announce over the PA system "there's a bomb in the store, get out quick" and you would have pandemonium as shoppers rushed for the exits. As it was, some people tried to steal bottles of spirits and walk out with them. Anyone who wanted to abandon their shopping in the store and walk out was perfectly at liberty to do so.

I suspect that police knew this wasn't any kind of terrorist threat, and they probably knew the bomb risk was slight. As it is, all the stores involved were cleared rapidly and expertly - Tesco has a well-rehearsed plan for dealing with such emergencies.

I think it will emerge that there was either a financial motive involved, or an ex-employee with a grudge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…