Telephone sales offers

Sapins 19:17 22 Oct 05

I received a phone call yesterday from France Telecom to tell me I had won a "completely free" mobile phone.

I didn't take up the offer as I had to take out a monthly contract which I don't want, but, the interesting thing that came to light was when the sales lady asked If I was over 69 as it is against the law here to try to sell something over the phone to people over that age.

Now I know how to cut short their spiel immediately!

wolfie3000 19:42 22 Oct 05

lol i must remember that one with telephone sales calls i usually politly but firmly tell them im not interested and say have a good day goodbye.
on avarege get 4 to 7 a week i want to know how they get my phone number?

watchful 20:21 22 Oct 05

Try using TPS - you don't get any then.

justme 22:10 22 Oct 05

Please note that Sapins resides in France and the offer was from France Telecom. I assume that they operate under French law and I am not aware of an eqivalent law in the UK (I am open to correction by UK lawyers).

I agree with watchful that you should try the telephone preference service (its free) and once you have been registered for about a month all those annoying calls from within the UK should stop.

Kev.Ifty 22:39 22 Oct 05

Would that work on Hearing Aid sales people?

I SAID! 'WOULD THAT.......

Sorry!!

The get-out i use (windows and kitchens). "This is a Council house".

OR you could try click here

Kev :-)

rdave13 22:49 22 Oct 05

Cant beat 'em?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…