Telephone lie detectors used to combat fraud

TopCat® 18:24 07 Sep 07

Software that scans speech patterns is being trialled for weeding out benefit cheats. click here Used together with trained operators, it has already proved successful in a pilot scheme at Harrow, north London. Now, Birmingham's local authority will be the next to use it.

It's a shame such methods need to be used in this country, but, if it really does expose the real benefit cheats without risk to the genuine claimants, then I wish it every success, don't you? TC.

Chegs ®™ 22:05 07 Sep 07

"A spokeswoman for the Department of Work and Pensions, which is partly funding the trials, says: "The vast majority of people who receive benefits are genuinely entitled to them. "

Not so long ago it was being stated that a vast number of claimants were fraudulent,and that investigating each claim thoroughly was slowing up payments to genuine claimants.About time the DWP made their minds up.

If it works,good.If it doesnt,more taxpayers money being wasted.

Devil Fish 22:39 07 Sep 07

the problem with lie detectors is they are not full proof

they can be beaten and they can also give false results

take mr confident breezes through talking rubbish even though his claim is false

take mr introvert nervous his claim is genuine but he gives the wrong voice patterns

i don't think it can beat eye to eye contact

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac