Is technology set to sub-divide the human race?

TOPCAT® 18:36 18 Oct 06

Yes, is the answer if this Dr Curry's predictions come true. Thankfully, we'll have to wait quite awhile before it happens, so no-one can yet dispute his findings, can they? So you have been warned - embrace all this new technology at your peril! :o) TC.

click here

Jackcoms 19:07 18 Oct 06

"a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge"

Dr Curry may think he's predicting the future, but you've only got to walk down any High Street (and watch and listen to the passers by) to realise that the future's already here.

egapup 19:09 18 Oct 06

100,000 years from now i doubt that the human race will still be here, either extinct or living on some other world.

PurplePenny 20:32 18 Oct 06

"but you've only got to walk down any High Street"

Too true. The dim-witted underclass gathers outside our flats every Friday; then they proceed to get drunk, scream a lot (male and female), smash bottles and urinate in our driveway.

Tugwilson 21:43 18 Oct 06

Could we not put the dim-witted class in the house of commons? Then nobody would notice the change.

Jackcoms 21:44 18 Oct 06

Do you know how small the House of Commons is?

Nowhere near enough room.

lisa02 22:01 18 Oct 06

Jack they are probably thinking the same about you on the high street.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:50 18 Oct 06

"The survival of the fittest" has been totally disregarded in human terms because of various human conventions. In the natural world only the strongest (Alpha) male can mate and this keeps the genetic pool robust. By contrast the human genetic pool is being diluted with abnormal chromosomes as Medical Science keeps us going with drugs and technology and this must eventually make poor old Homo Saps weak. The doubling time of the population will decrease until world population will probably destroy human life on this planet.

But not this week.

wolfie3000 22:59 18 Oct 06

Well i see a bright future for the human race,

With technology advancing the way it is i think the human race will progress to a higher level as it were,

The best way to predict the future is to look at the past and see how far we as humans have come,

No doubt that evolution is still in effect and maybe in a 100,000 years we will evolve into something a little different but i see a bright future ahead of us.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:04 18 Oct 06

I wonder if they will have found a cure for the common cold by then, or if indeed we will still have a nose to drip.

josie mayhem 23:09 18 Oct 06

He seems rather posh....

But I think he might have forgotten about globle warming.....

Or the fact we might nuke ourself long before then...

Mind you if you spent the day with me, you might think that they are already here.... I could write a book about it... but I would have to bash my head against a wall so many times a day I'm sure I would end up with brain damage....

The biggest stresh factor in my job is putting up with edjects, that lost common sence the day thery were born....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009