Technology seen to work

Curio 18:39 25 Jun 09

What a way to build a VW Phaeton. Is this the future?
click here

Forum Editor 18:49 25 Jun 09

Well for them it's the present.

That's the way to run a business!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:54 25 Jun 09

With the UK's rapier like embracing of new technology, I imagine this process would hit our shores in about a hundred years time.

G

Brumas 21:50 25 Jun 09

Very, very impressive and certainly 'the shape of things to come' - a far cry from the old VW factory in Wolfsburg which I visited in 1965.

Bapou 23:01 25 Jun 09

Vorsprung durch Technik, as they say in Germany!

jack 10:46 26 Jun 09

Exactly as intended.
Back in the seventies- working as a freelance publicist used to compiling glowing publications of technological achievement - my main client said to me- 'look this new product line needs someone like you 'inside' - So I went to work for the firm on the inside.
Instead of being fed images and words of marvel I tour of the plant indeed did show an impressive assembly line- in other 'shops' how ever the dark satanic mills of the 19th c prevails men id dirty overalls with big hammers, machines spewing oil and swarf-etc.
I related this tale in some detail to an uncle of my wife.
Oh he said its exactly the same at my place- the public see only the posh bits- the rest is under wraps.
Who did he work for?
Rolls Royce Marine Propulsions systems
Remember that impressive video showed only the screwing together- what is at the other end of the tram route?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009