Technically he was headless

jakimo 14:35 07 Aug 09

yet today he is very much alive and kicking

click here

I am Spartacus 15:40 07 Aug 09

Technically he had a severed spine. His surgeon was probably stunned because of his stupidty.

laurie53 20:52 07 Aug 09

Stupidity?

Why was he stupid?

Any more stupid than Massa?

Young men of his age believe themselves invulnerable.

Long may it remain so.

BRYNIT 23:24 07 Aug 09

I'm curious where stupidity comes into this story. If he was racing on the streets then yes he would have been stupid but if you read again.

"The catastrophic accident happened when his 1,000cc Mini hit a crash barrier at 40mph during a race in September 2006."

"His mum has banned him from racing a car again but he has been allowed to drive a go-kart."

This sounds as though it was an organized race. He was unlucky not stupid and is lucky to be alive.

Forum Editor 23:25 07 Aug 09

from racing a car again but he has been allowed to drive a go-kart"

So that's all right then.

AL47 13:39 08 Aug 09

stupidity?

that comment is the only stupidity here

I am Spartacus 17:34 08 Aug 09

He has recovered from an injury that could have left him dead or paraplegic and his spine will probably not be 100%. If he still has the titanium plates and screws fitted then these will be additional stress points. He will be competing in a sport that is known for high g-forces, not only in cornering but in sudden deceleration i.e. crashing, something he has proved he's good at. A risk too far.

jakimo 18:19 08 Aug 09

Perhaps a mention of the surgeons skill in putting this lad back together would have been nice,or is he just to be taken for granted in this incident.

laurie53 18:54 08 Aug 09

"If he still has the titanium plates and screws fitted then these will be additional stress points."

Like virtually every serious professional race driver/rider, and, indeed, many other high speed sportspeople such as skiers and jockeys.

These people, including this determined young man, do it because they love it, and I for one am grateful for the entertainment they provide.

I am Spartacus 19:43 08 Aug 09

I'm quite impressed by the people who would 'volunteer' their children or others to run dangerous risks for their own 'entertainment'.

So you'd be quite happy for your own sons and daughters to risk themselves to amuse you, well done.

I am Spartacus 21:17 08 Aug 09

'Perhaps a mention of the surgeons skill in putting this lad back together would have been nice,or is he just to be taken for granted in this incident.'

No, you presented this as a typical Sun/Mirror/Star 'Headline', no pun intended, implying this was some sort of decapitation i.e. head separated from body, which it wasn't. It's no go good pretending you had an altruistic motive of presenting 'facts'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch