Team Scotland's uniform for the commonwealth games!

Flak999 14:49 08 Jul 14

Is this the most hidious collection of garments ever created as a team uniform for a sporting occasion?

If this is what passes for sartorial elegance in Scotland now, I think they deserve their independence. If only to distance the rest of the country from their truly appalling taste in clothing!

john bunyan 15:12 08 Jul 14

Flak999

They may be mistaken for the Maoris in team NZ. I hope they defy tradition and wear undergarments - if the opening ceremony is on a windy day, the result could be gruesome!

Aitchbee 15:21 08 Jul 14

I expect to see the hordes of Scottish sporting fanatics attending 'The Games' sway more towards more traditional attire.

click here

Belatucadrus 15:27 08 Jul 14

Yes it's bad but it's still light years better than that god awful gold foil lined ensemble foisted on the UK Olympic team by Stella McCartney.

spuds 16:12 08 Jul 14

I wonder how many back street enterprise business's are knocking a few thousands of those designer wear garments off at this very moment, so as to boost their economy and pride of the nation?.

Forum Editor 16:47 08 Jul 14

I am, and not for the first time, in total agreement - the clothes are hideous, and totally lacking in style. I'm at one with the person who commented (about the blue)

"I can't stop looking at this. It's a colour which clashes with itself"

What were the designers thinking of?

Mr Mistoffelees 17:25 08 Jul 14

The person responsible for the designs really shouldn't give-up the day job.

morddwyd 20:15 08 Jul 14

Dreadful. Look like Pedro and his Music of the Mountains".

Woolwell 20:21 08 Jul 14

I think that I mat have had a shirt like that in the [email protected] but I wasn't known for my dress sense then. I hope I have improved. The design is terrible.

Aitchbee 20:27 08 Jul 14

I reckon that most of that gear will soon turn up in some of the 'up-market' Charity Shops which I frequently frequent.[Glasgow southside]

morddwyd 10:10 09 Jul 14

I think this is the athletes' uniform for the opening parade.

They may well wear something more traditional on the track!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…