TB in humans, not just cattle

Graham. 12:08 24 Jun 08

An interesting site on the subject: click here

sunny staines 12:54 24 Jun 08

click here

tb can be caught from milk, survives pastersation.

birdface 13:06 24 Jun 08

It was almost wiped out in the Uk.But it was brought back from foreign lands with folk emigrating to the UK and is now spreading throughout the United Kingdom.In my days everyone was immunized against it.Maybe they will have to start it again.

interzone55 14:12 24 Jun 08

One of my friends had TB when we were in primary school, about '78 or '79, so we were all immunised then instead of when we were 13.

I'm not sure if the jab lasts for life, or if you need boosters like with Tetanus

sunny staines 14:45 24 Jun 08

its back in russian and indian ghettos in the uk also in prisons.

Newuser38 15:35 24 Jun 08

Pasteurization of milk would kill any TB bacteria see click here and also read up on click here

sunny staines 15:43 24 Jun 08

it was something the wife had in her favourites, so thought i would post it she a vegan.

wellshgit 18:00 24 Jun 08

Both my sister and I had Pulmonary Tuberculosis in 1955 (sister) and 1958 (me). My sister was confined to bed for 18 months, I was diagnosed in the early stages since I had regular checks because of my sister. We were both extremely lucky because of the development of antibiotics. My uncle had it years earlier, when the only treatment was to take away the infected parts of the lungs. He died at an early age. Its a terrible disease and i,m sad its making a return, but it can be cured and controlled

Splooshy 13:40 26 Jun 08

Funnily enough (or not rather, when i explain), coming across this thread reminded me that although i had filled in the consent forms last year AND this year for my 15 & 16 year old children to have their TB vaccinations at school, they never took place so i needed to chase up about it. I've just rung the doctors clinic, to which i was told that they didn't do TB vaccinations there and i would have to ring the chest clinic to enquire. This i did, and guess what? They do NOT give TB vaccinations anymore unless you fit the "at risk" criteria!! (this apparently is the decision made by the bigwig government health ppl, not the clinic themselves). So, with the rise in TB cases the logic is???? I want my children protected against this disease that is becoming more and more prevalent the same way that myself and many others have been routinely protected in prior years. The Health body has taken away my childrens basic routine protection and i am not happy one little bit!

Cymro. 14:22 26 Jun 08

So just how many people develop T.B. in the UK every year and how many of them actually die from it? It seems to me that there are plenty of things to worry about without adding more to the list.

Yes I do know that TB is on the increase but what are the actual chances of catching it? surely there are other more dangerous things that are more likely to be a danger to us.

day2strike 14:35 26 Jun 08

Bovine & Human TB are different!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…