tax on unhealthy foods

dukeboxhero 15:00 12 Jul 07

so it looks like its going to cost more for unhealthy food, does this mean the end for the scotch pie, the donner kabab,and the great british chip?
will we all go healthy? do you remember crisp bread? it was like a bit of lamenated flooring that you could eat with a bit of lettuce, and there was slim fast drinks, just one drink a day and you will be full, ye full of what tho?
anyway whats wrong with being cuddly?
you might wonder what prompted this rant? well im on a diet and im craving unhealthy food no matter how much it cost, i hope you all gather that my tongue is firmly in my cheek with this thread tho i would rather have it in a pie n chips

J B 15:32 12 Jul 07

I see where your coming from and quite honestly I agree with you on some points. I too like all sorts of unhealthy foods and eat them when I get the chance but not to often. If you are on a diet because the doctor told you to go on one stick to it, after all you're health comes first, however, if you are on a self imposed diet there is no harm in treating yourself to a treat once in a while. One other thing (tongue in cheek) if they (boffins) can make an additive that can cut down the methane or as I like to call it F**** in cows and sheep, think of what they could do to your favorite take-away. Whats the world coming to I ask. J.B.

Cymro. 15:35 12 Jul 07

I wish you all the best with it dukeboxhero it can`t be easy. I am one of those lucky people who never puts on any weight no matter what or how much I eat.

As for the healthy eating, there is no doubt that we should be more careful what and how much we eat. We are quickly getting to look more and more like the average American, grossly over weight etc.

MichelleC 15:56 12 Jul 07

Diets don't work. As soon as someone goes on a diet they think of food, usually comfort food. If they're persistant enough to lose weight, at the end of the diet they put back at least some of the weight they've lost.

It's a change of lifestyle which works. Get that rusty old bike out of the shed and fix its puncture and get cycling, go swimming and walk instead of driving. And only give yourself a teat of comfort food very occaisionally when you've lost some weight.

Good luck.

wiz-king 16:08 12 Jul 07

A half-baked idea.
How are they going to work out the tax on spuds? If you have them boiled they are good, baked likewise so no tax, chip or roast .. high tax? Mashed ...well there's a problem does the butter and milk move them into a high rate and will you have to go to super-tax if you have extra salt?

Forum Editor 19:08 12 Jul 07

hands off Pork scratchings.

Yum,Yum.

realist 19:27 12 Jul 07

I can see "pork scratching vouchers" on the horizon of a brave new world of slimmer people.

laurie53 19:39 12 Jul 07

Tax on unhealthy alcohol, tax on unhealthy fags, why not a tax on unhealthy food, and while you're at it unhealthy couches!

g0nvs 20:32 12 Jul 07

Fags, booze, now "unhealthy foods"..Whatever next ?

mammak 20:54 12 Jul 07

"Fags, booze, now "unhealthy foods"..Whatever next ?"
living to long maybye!you know reach the age of 25 you don't smoke, drink, or eat unhealthy foods you are exempt from a high rated tax if you do however fall from this category your stuffed :-)

then you would turn to drink and fags over the worry you couldn't pay your tax bill lol all a bit pointless eh.

dukeboxhero 21:06 12 Jul 07

fe we dont get pork scratchings up here in the north but im sure if we did i would like them,
MichelleC i have a bike and its as new as the day my wife bought me it for a birthday, can you get wide load signs for bikes?
J B if only they could make the healthy stuff taste as good as the unhealthy we would be happy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…