Tax Tax Tax Petrol , Drink, Water ...

Aitchbee 18:26 10 Mar 11

I haven't mentioned tobacco or VAT.

or cars or dogs or TV's or airports or budgies

OK let's change the subject...

I made up budgies...I'm not sure about dogs)

What's left to tax?

Can anything be untaxed or is that not allowed?

peter99co 18:48 10 Mar 11

The air is free. Take a lungfull. Enjoy.

Aitchbee 18:52 10 Mar 11

funnily enough i picked up my prescription today and I think that it is now free. I used to pay about £90 pounds for a prepayment 1 yr certificate. English people have to pay about £7 pounds an item...Ah I feel better already!

Aitchbee 19:11 10 Mar 11

In Scotland it's pretty stormy at the moment; but I think that If you wanted to put up a wind harnessing machine you would have to pay a lot of money to the Government to do so.

morddwyd 20:28 10 Mar 11

"What's left to tax?"

Children's clothes, newspapers, PCA, books, food to name but few straight off the top of my head.

interzone55 08:49 11 Mar 11

" I think that If you wanted to put up a wind harnessing machine you would have to pay a lot of money to the Government to do so"

I think you'll find it's just the opposite, at least in England anyway, there are large subsidies for putting up wind farms - why do you think they're springing up like mushrooms at the moment...

Aitchbee 10:45 11 Mar 11

The Closure of the Low Carbon Buildings Programme
by the government doesn't bode well for the future of renewable energy.

When these subsidies 'run out' I expect there to be a wind-tax. Watch this space.

Armchair 10:46 11 Mar 11

In a determined effort to minimise pavement erosion, people will be taxed according to their foot size and choice of footwear. Hob nail boots will attract the highest premium. Anyone caught without a licence will have their footwear confiscated, with repeat offenders being subject to a three year walking ban.

interzone55 11:40 11 Mar 11

Bring back the Window Tax - at least that would put a stop to all the dreadful steel and glass skyscrapers springing up...

Aitchbee 11:57 11 Mar 11

"Homeowners are being encouraged to keep track of how much heat they produce from sustainable fuels by installing energy meters, as part of a government initiative.
The £4 billion Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) initiative, the Renewable Heat Incentive, will offer cash incentives to homes, businesses and public buildings to encourage them to install the energy meters.
And in return, homes and businesses will be given a grant calculated on the amount of heat produced from sustainable fuels.
"Measuring how much heat you have saved is rather harder to measure on a domestic scale," Greg Barker, the minister in charge of the project, told the Daily Telegraph."
There is a fine dividing line between these 2 types of fuel descriptors - methinks.
Grants should be given to all low energy users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant