Tax collecters given incentive bonuses..

Hertz Van Rentyl 00:03 04 Jan 07

Now the Revenue has been amalgamated with those miserable gits in the Customs and Excise, a whole new round of bonus payments are available to "The top Shylocks"
click here

Totally-braindead 00:06 04 Jan 07

Perhaps its time to join their ranks. Up to £65,000 wages plus a bonus of £2000, lovely jubbly as Del Boy would say.

Hertz Van Rentyl 00:07 04 Jan 07

Should read Tax collectors

Totally-braindead 00:15 04 Jan 07

Of course it should, obviously a typo.

WhiteTruckMan 00:31 04 Jan 07

"Tax collectors are mentioned many times in the Bible (mainly in the New Testament). They are generally described as being greedy, and taking more money than they are entitled to"

So, nothing new then.

WTM

Forum Editor 01:10 04 Jan 07

Calling Customs and Excise officers "miserable gits" isn't on.

Come to think of it, neither is inferring that today's Tax collectors are "greedy, and taking more money than they are entitled to".

GANDALF <|:-)> 06:48 04 Jan 07

Everyone is aware of the tax that they should pay so collectors cannot be greedy. If anyone does not agree with the tax system in the UK, they are perfectly at liberty to vote with their feet and leave.

G

WhiteTruckMan 08:10 04 Jan 07

"Come to think of it, neither is inferring that today's Tax collectors are "greedy, and taking more money than they are entitled to".

Really?

Perhaps you would care to take (another) look at the link provided by Hertz Van Rentyl?

WTM

Stuartli 11:02 04 Jan 07

Perhaps it's because the work they do is very taxing...:-)

A necessary evil unfortunately.

DrScott 14:38 04 Jan 07

one might argue the more our dear Chancellor attempts to raise taxes, the lower his predicted returns. I always thought that was a rather basic fundamental of economics, but hey I'm just an ordinary Joe.

Kate B 16:25 04 Jan 07

I'm rather warm and fuzzy about the Revenue at the moment: my accountant has just told me he thinks I might be in line for a rebate.

*extremely happy*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…