T B Leader in Waiting?

oresome 17:23 22 Jul 12

It seems Tony Blair has paid off the mortgage and is now getting bored being out of the cut and thrust of politics.

He has declared an interest in coming back. He notes that once Labour are out of office, they tend to remain out for a long time. I think the inference being that he is just the person to reverse that trend.

A poll in the Independent places the PM and his Chancellor at rock bottom, level pegging with Ed Milliband and Ed Balls for the voter's lack of trust in sorting out the economy.

So it seems the electorate aren't exactly spoilt for choice.

Assuming the armed forces are disbanded by the time of the next election due to cost cutting, it would be difficult for Tony to start any more wars, so would he be a reasonable choice?

A wild card might be Boris. Not as daft as he pretends by all accounts and a successful Olympics under his belt would do his image no harm. Is he the man to unite the country?

Of course if we can't make our minds up, the LibDems should act as a persuasive force not to sit on the fence again.

Can you think of anyone better equipped to lead our economic recovery?

carver 18:07 22 Jul 12

oresome "Can you think of anyone better equipped to lead our economic recovery?"

May I suggest that tomorrow you make an appointment to see a bloke in a white coat for treatment.

How about this chap enter link description here now I would vote for him any time before I even thought about voting for Teflon

carver 18:10 22 Jul 12

Sorry do not know what happened to that link try this enter link description here

oresome 18:14 22 Jul 12

Aaron Stebner doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but with the right marketing....................

Snec 00:58 23 Jul 12

Can you think of anyone better equipped to lead our economic recovery?

That was a joke, right?

morddwyd 08:49 23 Jul 12

"Assuming the armed forces are disbanded by the time of the next election due to cost cutting,"

The armed forces can register to vote anywhere they like as long as they declare "But for my Service I Would Live in ........"

Suppose they al registered for Witney?

flycatcher1 09:13 23 Jul 12

Some of us are registered in Witney and are disgusted the way that all political parties treat the Armed Forces.

I expected better from this lot - another Tory disappointment.

interzone55 09:39 23 Jul 12

Not sure why everyone is jumping down oresome's throat, I take the post as a question, so just answer it, rather than complaining about the question.

To my mind, none of the current cabinet is making a decent fist of the economy. Instead of reducing spending it's increasing.

Instead of gathering taxes from people and corporations that owe it, they're reducing payments to those least able to afford the pay cuts.

Bing.alau 10:10 23 Jul 12

Maybe if the UN!!! had stayed out of Iraq it would have been nuked by Iran by now. As I remember they were always at Loggerheads. (yes I know it is a place).

When I saw the heading to this thread I thought it was going to be about Tony Bennett, otherwise I wouldn't have clicked on it.

Bing.alau 10:20 23 Jul 12

I'm disgusted with the way all political parties treat the armed forces. As I have mentioned previously, Winston Churchill will be rotating in his grave at a lot of revolutions per minute.

I don't think trying to change the majority of service people to reservists is the answer either. Yes I know they do a brilliant job as I am in contact with a lot of them. But we need a strong backbone comprised of well trained regulars. We also need lots of high tech equipment to help them keep this country ahead of the pack.

Maybe if we made all immigrants do five years in the armed forces before being accepted in to this country it would help solve a few problems. (I can hear the tin openers working on the cans of worms right now).

Condom 10:26 23 Jul 12

There was little wrong with TB as a PM and I certainly would have no complaint having him back again. He would certainly be better than the cretin we have at the moment.

Mind you with Cameron and the Chancer still in place my country will surely go for independence in a couple of years and in Alex there is a proper leader who seems to know what he is doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…