Symantec Norton and IE7.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:10 02 May 06

I have been using Norton Systemworks and Internet Security, both 2005 versions,since my biennial PC upgrade late last year with, until this evening, no problems, as per my experience of previous versions.

Yesterday I installed the latest IE7 Beta to give it a try and all appeared to be OK. That was until I tried to Change settings in Norton Anti-Spam. I opened Internet Security and most of the window came up blank. I then tried Systemworks, to use Windoctor to try to fix the problem, it was the same. Everything Norton was unusable, not only that but the only way to close was with task manager.

I tried running utilities from the CD and it seemed to work OK, but the problem was not fixed. I tried system restore, to go back to before installing IE7, but it refused to co-operate. Finally I uninstalled IE7 via add/remove programs, problem solved, all back to normal rude health.

sunny staines 19:43 03 May 06

I have IE7 & NIS/NSW 2005 no problems. do not like norton antispam so i have disabled.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:45 03 May 06

In mentioning Anti-Spam you may have hit the nail on the head. I still prefer Opera so it doesn't bother me, just seemed odd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…