Sussex retain Championship title

techie4me 18:17 22 Sep 07

Been listening via the internet to Surrey v Lancashire who needed to score 489 to beat Surrey and win the title outright for the first time since 1934, and Lancanshire produced a magnificent effort before falling 25 runs short.

You have to feel for Domnic Cork who probably was the only one who could have won the game. A really gutsy performance from him.

spikeychris 18:45 22 Sep 07

click here for the score card.

Fantastic game - however I reckon all counties should end in shire so they should lose by default.

blanco 18:57 22 Sep 07

I feel for the Lancashire fans but as one born in Sussex by the Sea I had to wait a very long time before my County won the championship so I bask in their late flowering.

It was a good three way fight however which is all to the good of the proper game while they are playing knockabout in South Africa.

techie4me 20:05 22 Sep 07

It was good for Durham to finish 3rd.
I think they could be the surprise team next year with Surrey.
How can England over look Ramprakash who averaged over 100 for the last 2 seasons!

Stuartli 20:07 22 Sep 07

Northern teams such as Lancashire have a handicap from the start of any season - it's called the weather...:-)

g0slp 08:31 23 Sep 07

I agree with techie4me, particularly when you look at how the Durham squad was decimated by injuries & International duty. They did really well by winning the FP trophy & Div 2 of the Pro40 League. Well done, guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now