“survey says that 51 percent of studends drink..."

Z1100 13:54 09 Nov 06

“A telephone survey says that 51 percent of college students drink until they pass out at least once a month. The other 49 percent didn't answer the phone.”

ROFL
Hanx!
K.

sean-278262 19:24 09 Nov 06

z1100 that is quite offensive as I am a student and I dont drink. I have in my life drunk 4 times ever. My sister is also a student and as far as I am aware has never drunk. I also know many other friends that do not drink. Last time I checked the rules said to keep things of dubious nature out of the forums.

Forum Editor 19:28 09 Nov 06

Don't let it offend you. It's a nonsensical post.

Jackcoms 19:49 09 Nov 06

My elder daughter is a University student (not "college" - they're some sort of down market learning establishment aren't they?) and she doesn't drink to excess, either.

rodriguez 19:58 09 Nov 06

I drunk all through college. Got my work done and passed the course so it was all good :-D

Kate B 20:02 09 Nov 06

Z1100, that's a classic case of messageboarditis you're showing: taking a post personally when it's clearly not aimed at you. It's pointless and it hampers debate - not that this is much of a thread to debate in, mind you, but it's daft to take umbrage at a post that's not aimed at you. Waste of energy.

Totally-braindead 20:09 09 Nov 06

I believe the surveys total and complete rubbish.

I was a student for a long time and got drunk quite often as did most of my classmates, though there were a couple who didn't drink, but I don't recall anyone ever having enough to pass out. Certainly not every month.

I would suggest that if this "telephone survey" was true there would be dozens if not hundreds of students dying every day due to it.

I think the fact that 100% of those that did answer the phone answered 'yes' is a giveaway that this is just a joke and no actual survey was carried out...

rodriguez 20:32 09 Nov 06

There should be (and probably are) dedicated forums for this type of stuff. This one is mainly for computer related problems with a section for sensible debates about sensible issues. Anyway, the FE will delete this thread if it shouldn't be here.

Totally-braindead 21:02 09 Nov 06

rodriguez this is not a forum for mainly computer related problems, read the bit at the top of the main page of Speakers Forum.
Must admit I didn't see this was a wind up but of course should have realised when it says 49% didn't answer the phone.

Its nonsense.

rodriguez 21:14 09 Nov 06

"with a section for sensible debates about sensible issues." - that bit was a reference to the Speaker's Corner forum ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…