super-rich 'getting richer' !!!

barca1 11:16 27 Apr 08

& the poorer are getting poorer..Ahum

click here

Quickbeam 11:20 27 Apr 08

Miros 11:25 27 Apr 08

It was always so, the only saving grace is that though like my forebears I'm somewhere near the bottom of the pile I'm much more asset wealthy the my parents who had little more than the cloths they stood up in.

laurie53 20:26 27 Apr 08

Why should you be commenting on the fact that my pension has gone up? lol

Stuartli 23:23 27 Apr 08

So we should do. We wish to maintain the standards to which we have become accustomed.

Yours sincerely
(Insert name of your MP here)

Joking apart it's easier, if you have sufficient of the folding stuff, to make better provision for hanging on to more of it.

Nothing illegal in that - the general view is that you don't pay more tax than you need to.

wee eddie 11:38 28 Apr 08

I would guess that the workers at Rolls Royce and Ferrari are quite happy, as are those that make and supply Fine Wines. They employ huge Staffs at their various Houses and spend vast sums maintaining their way of life.

So long as they spend the money that they make. "What goes around, comes around."

One could be jealous of them, but I have known a few and "If I were you" I wouldn't bother. Life's no easier.

Miros 14:05 28 Apr 08

Which would be better 500 millionaires spending their cash and creating work or one multi millionaire worth £500,000,000 spending some of his cash and perhaps creating some work?
I think job wise the former might create more work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant