Summer Holidays!

Si_L 11:29 05 Aug 07

I leave tomorrow to go to the exotic land of... Wales! It will be fun though, just a short train journey, so no heavy travelling, and it will be action packed :)

Anyone else going anywhere nice over the summer?

Cymro. 11:36 05 Aug 07

Make sure you bring your umbrella it has been raining here all day yesterday and they promise more of the same this afternoon and most of next week.

Mind you the way things are at airport check out these days more and more people are holidaying nearer home.

Si_L 11:40 05 Aug 07

The weather is nice here in Tewkesbury, not far from Wales. But its better to be safe than sorry, so I'll take my brolly. (Hey that rhymes!)

crosstrainer 11:54 05 Aug 07

Croeso! I hope you enjoy your holiday here! Lots of things to do, where are you staying?

Bingalau 12:01 05 Aug 07

Whatever you do, keep away from the capital of Wales (Liverpool) it's been turned upside down and inside out by builders. It used to be nice for a holiday too. The weather's normally very good though.

crosstrainer 12:04 05 Aug 07

I thought your geographical knowledge was a lot better.....Everyone knows that Barmouth is the capital of Wales!

DANZIG 12:16 05 Aug 07

I'm flying off to Spain, Alicante, in a couple of weeks for a week with my family as its my mums husbands 60th, after that me and the significant other are spending a week travelling around the UK.

We intend to stay in Wales for a couple of nights, Porth Enyon on the Gower peninsula, then cross the Severn Bridge on the way to Swanage on the South coast.

After we've stayed at Swanage, a long drive up to my Mum's near Peterborough and then home to grey Huddersfield.

wallbash 12:40 05 Aug 07

Just got back from Cesenatico ( Italy)
Was going to be discrete and not mention how Hot and dry the holiday was.
But Wales can be great.

Forum Editor 12:55 05 Aug 07

No passport, no departure lounges, airport food, immigration queues.

Bliss.

45 Mart 13:50 05 Aug 07

Si_L,

Bit of advice.
Don't mention anything to do with Rugby.

Ranger 14:04 05 Aug 07

Turkey for me at the end of September,looking forward to this, neber been there before.
On wales been there twice, a few year back now though, small place called Cambrahn (spelling?)had a great time there, there was a bus load of us went down on these occassions, if I remember right one of my mates did some training dowm there with the Army and had such a great time that he dragged a bus load of us down the next two years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…