Suicides at Beachy Head have Fallen Dramatically

Pesala 20:13 01 Jun 09

Sorry! I couldn't resist that headline. click here

I was initially intrigued by this article:

Beachy Head hero stung by critics: click here

I agree that its a job best left to the rescue services, but it seems a pity that he is discouraged from patrolling the area. I suspect that in many cases he could help long before the situation gets to the stage where by trying to help he might kill himself or someone else.

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:18 01 Jun 09

2006 & 2007?

Pity it's not eliminated the problem

click here

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:19 01 Jun 09
  peter99co 22:06 01 Jun 09

Latest news

click here

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:28 01 Jun 09

always a good idea to check previous posts!

peter99co 22:32 01 Jun 09

Did not click the "Sorry - wrong link"

Barnacarry 12:55 02 Jun 09

'Beachy Head suicide numbers down' - probably the height put is putting some people off.

jakimo 13:17 02 Jun 09

Its sad enough when people think life is no longer worth living,but adults do have an option, the children have no say whatsoever in the matter

BT 17:03 02 Jun 09

According to the BBC 1 o'clock news the child was already dead. He had died of meningitis the previous day and the parents were devastated. I can't imagine what they must have been feeling when they did this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…