Suggestions for eating in London please.

Cara2 23:03 08 Dec 08

Can anyone suggest a good place to eat in lunch/teatime in London.

Not Gormet (sp?), but not burger and chips either. We will possibly be around Convent Garden, but any suggestions of your favorite eating place would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cara

Forum Editor 23:18 08 Dec 08

I know the Covent Garden area well.

Cara2 00:42 09 Dec 08

Well, I am non-meat eater, but there will be a meat eater with us. I love vegetarian food that is imaginative.

We are going to the Royal Variety Show, which I am so excited about, so will need to eat before the show and then some lunch the following day before returning home at teatime.

We like interesting food rather than plain, Italian maybe. Don't want to spend a fortune so good value may be an issue.

Any suggestions in any areas welcome just to cover all bases!!

Weather forecast is good - very seasonal, so should a great couple of days for sightseeing.

Hope I have helped narrowed it down.

Thanks
Cara

Cara2 20:48 09 Dec 08

Bump...

Eagerly anticipating FE's suggestions! (Along with anyone elses). We are going on Thursday.

Cara

MCE2K5 20:55 09 Dec 08

He'll (FE) be back when the Football finishes

Cara2 21:40 09 Dec 08

Thanks - its been on in my house too.

Forum Editor 23:23 09 Dec 08

Da Mario's in Endell street. It's a smallish Italian place run by a family, so you get a classic Italian welcome. The food's good, and if you like pasta try the home-made ravioli.

Carluccios on Garrick street does good food, too.

Sophie's steakhouse on Wellington street is fairly new, and I had a great meal there a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure about vegetarian dishes, but you could give them a ring (020) 7199 0050

Finally, if fish/seafood appeals you might try my favourite London fish restaurant - Sheekeys in St. Martin's court. I've been going there for many years, and so have lots of other people - it's famous for fish.

Enjoy your trip.

Geronimo. 08:26 10 Dec 08

Cara2 you could always try my freinds place its AMAZING & thats not me advertising for him!!
his place is a true gem where it is & its totaly unique, its on a pier over the thames...

The prices are amazing & the location is some what amazing & the food is great!!

Although Youd be pushed to get a seat to be honest but then again that speaks for itself doesnt it...

its split in two parts a classy bar at one side then a decent Restaurant on the other however even though the two are next too each other & the fact they have DJ's like from "Hed Kandi" its impossible to hear ANY music whilst eating... two great venues..

click here

Bingalau 08:41 10 Dec 08

Cara2. Thanks for this thread. I'm going down there in February for a couple of days too. So will keep the information to hand. Thanks FE and Geronimo.

tullie 09:09 10 Dec 08

Hope FE enjoyed the football,pity about the result!

Geronimo. 09:19 10 Dec 08

Bingalau, np's if your a old romantic youd fit in there as well as looking for a dance...btw they DONT let in any youths that look like they are too drunk or that they could cause trouble...its nicely looked after & run...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5