Such A Simple But Brilliant Idea

babybell 11:43 06 Aug 10

Whenever details of a ground breaking invention come out, I'm always annoyed that I didn't think of the idea myself, and today is no different.

Yes its a huge invention, but the number of times I've had to follow a bus all the way into town as there was no room to go around it, I would have thought I'd have come up with this one myself!

Can't see it working on Britains roads though...

click here

michaelw 11:52 06 Aug 10

Inscrutible.

mr simon 11:56 06 Aug 10

I'm finding it hard to get my head around it carrying 1,200 passengers based on the concept drawing. Nonetheless, what a brilliant idea.

wiz-king 14:01 06 Aug 10

How will it get under bridges?

Quickbeam 14:10 06 Aug 10

Maybe it'll go over them.

Pine Man 15:54 06 Aug 10

.. and upwards for overtaking buses!

TonyV 16:03 06 Aug 10

It does sound good, and would do away with 'bus lanes!! But 1,200 passengers would take some loading.

TonyV

Forum Editor 18:18 06 Aug 10

associated with this idea, not the least of which is the horrendous cost. The thought of a tunnel bus making a turn while a dozen or so cars are underneath conjures up visions of chaos.

It might work in a few, newer cities, but it's not going to be viable in London, or other older cities. It's bad enough having to contend with normal buses, lorries and bikes.

Quickbeam 18:30 06 Aug 10

"...buses, lorries and bikes." Clearly cars are not a problem at all then FE;)

jakimo 19:17 06 Aug 10

Ticket inspectors wont have time to checkout any ticket cheats before reaching it final destination.

Forum Editor 19:20 06 Aug 10

All heavy traffic is a problem, I didn't intend to exclude any kind of transport. I imagine that cyclists would be happier with fewer cars, and lorry drivers would be happier with fewer everything.

Proposed solutions to traffic problems will no doubt continue to crop up, and some of them will be adopted. Whether this one will remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath. The real solution to congested cities is much better public transport, but that isn't likely to be a short or even medium term possibility - billions of pounds of investment would be needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…