Subway Maps

Bingalau 18:39 12 Feb 08

This may be another one worth bookmarking, I have just received it from another site. There should be a "click Here" at the bottom I hope. ..Bingalau..

On this Web site, you can find subway maps from all over the world! To get started, all you need to do is choose where in the world you’d like a map from. Your options to start with are: Europe, America, Australia, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Each one has its own drop down box, so you can choose the city’s subway you want a map for. Cool, huh?!

The most surprising thing to me on this site was that the maps are all so different. It’s amazing how each place translates the same kind of information into a picture and a map key.

If you would like to print out the map, you need to either click on the Acrobat or Word button near the top left corner of the map. In the top right corner, you may see a camera button or a book button.

Camera - This button will show you an image of your chosen location.

Book- This button will give you information about the city you're viewing.

You will also sometimes see a magnifying glass. That button will zoom in on the map, which will open in another window.

This is a great way to plan your visits to cities around the world. Plus, it's just pretty darn neat. Enjoy!

click here

Al94 19:41 12 Feb 08

A useful find - thanks

realist 19:54 12 Feb 08

Thanks, it brought back fond memories of the Tokyo subway system which someone from TFL should really go visit.

jorel 20:10 12 Feb 08

This will be really useful. Still can't make head or tails of the Paris Metro map though.
Tried for ages once and ended up getting a taxi. :)

VoG II 20:42 12 Feb 08

Fantastic find - thanks!

realist - I found the Tokyo metro quite confusing because (at least on the lines that I used) the stations indicated the previous and next stations as well as the name of the station itself. This caused me needless panic on a couple of occasions when I read the 'wrong' sign...

realist 20:47 12 Feb 08

Signage can be confusing for us gaijin I agree.

Al94 20:52 12 Feb 08

Jorel, Paris is easy, just remember that the lines are called after the end station, so navigating and getting the right direction is simple.

Bingalau 20:53 12 Feb 08

Blimey, That means I have been useful twice in the space of a week. I've not looked at the site myself yet but will do so now to see if the Singapore system has changed. Not that it needed to, it was brilliant.

VoG II 20:55 12 Feb 08

Useful to know - I'm due to visit Singapore in June.

Bingalau 20:59 12 Feb 08

Just looked at the Singapore system. There's an eye opener for me. Why oh why, can't we do things like that in this country? Here in Liverpool they can't even afford to open a single tram line from north to south.

Bingalau 21:14 12 Feb 08

Vog.. You will love the place. I've never met anyone who says a bad word about it. A multi-cultural paradise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac