Subway anti pork?

rdave13 23:05 18 Jul 14
Answered

What's going on in this country? Went to a Subway fast food 'restaurant' and I use that term losely, and no bacon sarnies? Has this country gone mad?

spuds 23:59 18 Jul 14

Considering that the subway outlets are mainly run by people of Asian or Muslim origin and Halal is usually suggested on their menu list, then perhaps those are the reasons why no pork and bacon are sold in some outlets?.

Not sure where it was, but the other day I noticed that one food outlet was stating what products were being cooked in the same cooking oil other were also being cooked in.

What I found very strange with Subway, is their 'free giveaway' promotions. Once had a newspaper voucher for an early breakfast sandwich, and the nearest Subway had sold out at 9AM, the exact same time that particular outlet opened. Must have been a very busy morning in the few seconds that they had unlocked their door?.

BT 08:04 19 Jul 14

There was a news report a few weeks ago about Subway not having Pork/bacon on their menus because of Muslim influences. Not sure whether this was all outlets or just those in certain areas.

pavvi 08:59 19 Jul 14

I don't remember Subway ever doing Pork, so I don't think this is a new development.

carver 09:39 19 Jul 14

pavvi sorry but bacon is from pork PIGS same as sausage

carver 09:45 19 Jul 14

rdave13 that is affirmative, this country now has official status as completely raving barmy.

Forum Editor 11:42 19 Jul 14

"this country now has official status as completely raving barmy"

What an ill-informed statement.

Subway outlets are businesses - run (like any other business) to make a profit. You make profits by satisfying demand, providing what the majority of your customers want. Subway has taken a marketing decision, based on what its customers have said they want. Subway has areound 1500 outlets, and around 200 of these no longer sell pork-based items. All of those have a sign on the outside, stating that all meat is prepared according to halal rules. The change occurred back in April.

It's as simple as that - nothing to do with the country being completely raving barmy, although some of its citizens certainly seem to be.

Woolwell 12:11 19 Jul 14

Although pork sausages are what most people expect you can get beef sausages.

spuds 12:18 19 Jul 14

"Although pork sausages are what most people expect you can get beef sausages."

And lamb, chicken plus not forgetting the likes of vegetarian or vegan like the Linda McCartney or Quorn range!.

pavvi 15:46 19 Jul 14

Carver

I stand by my statement - I may remember wrong, but I don't remember Subway serving ANY pork products, including bacon. As others have said, Sausage can be made out of all sorts of meats or none.

wee eddie 16:20 19 Jul 14

Our subway appears to do Ham Rolls. However, who is to say as to what kind of meat the pink stuff is!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…