Subscriber profile

Underhill 09:32 16 Dec 04

What does the latest PC Advisor Poll (re laptops & sperm count) tell us about the magazine's assumptions about us?
Apparently we are all either female or still young enough to want to reproduce ourselves - me, I was surgically adjusted years ago, so can't vote in the Poll!

..or am I the only grey-haired subscriber out there?

Shas 10:10 16 Dec 04

It's another of those broad-brush things that never seems to give the option most suitable - for example it doesn't bother me particularly because I'm female, and we are no longer in the market for any more kids, but with grandchildren in mind the original news article did bother me enough to warn my son and my daughter's boyfriend. I suppose out of 155,000+ subscribers, PCA will get a reasonable picture.

carolineann 17:07 16 Dec 04

Let's face it, if some bloke spends that amount of time on his laptop he is not gonna be in the market to produce children anyway, because what women is going to put up with it.

Personally I think it's rubbish, a bit like the smoking, tight jeans etc.etc. affecting sperm count.

Forum Editor 18:47 16 Dec 04

Actually, male smokers often have lowered sperm counts, so that's not rubbish at all. With regard to laptops and fertility, I think the evidence might not yet be conclusive, but why take a risk if you don't have to?

Dan the Confused 18:53 16 Dec 04

At least modern laptops don't play havoc with your back - imagine having to lug this around click here

carolineann 20:29 16 Dec 04

Who say's male smokers have a lower sperm count.

Have enough tests been carried out on enough men to actually prove that?

stalion 20:42 16 Dec 04

Agree with you, I smoke and have a two year old son I am 60

carolineann 20:50 16 Dec 04

Nothing wrong with your sperm count then.

My hubby is a 40 a day man . He has fathered five children.

Apoliges for hi-jacking your thread.

spikeychris 20:59 16 Dec 04

Underhill 21:57 16 Dec 04

...well, there was me, wanting to start a 'serious' ;-) thread questioning the ageist attitudes of the PC Advisor pollsters - and all people seem to want to discuss is smoking and its effect on population growth!

Still, maybe the size of the poll is my answer - 362 votes (out of 155,000+ subscribers - and 35.114 of those were ladies) shows how few are concerned about their fertility (or eligible to answer?).

In closing, I read somewhere that if you want to regulate the temperature of your sperm factories efficiently, go naked - but be careful when closing the screen of that laptop!

CurlyWhirly 22:40 16 Dec 04

Agree with you, I smoke and have a two year old son I am 60

Now I know *why* they call you the stalion! lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…